Wish Me Luck...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by mnewell, May 6, 2004.

1. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Flying out to Florida to buy a 2001 Aprilia Mille R. Gonna ride it back to Seattle... I'm excited for this trip. A little nervous but really excited. It's gonna be one hell of a ride. A couple of my friends are gonna ship their bikes to Kansas City and join me for the ride.

Anybody ever done a long distance ride before? Any suggestions? I've been reading up on it and talking to people about it so I'll be pretty prepared.

How about route suggestions? Anything that we can't miss? If the weather is good we'll probably hit Yellowstone. If it's bad we'll go the Southern route...

Leaving this Saturday. Don't expect to be back in Seattle until the 20th or 21st.

2. The Acclude

The Acclude Makin' love is cool, but sometimes she needs her h

:cool: good luck man. Id like to just take a car trip...dont forget something to wipe the bugs off while traveling through the south :o

3. Stylerod

Stylerod 150mph in a swimsuit :eek3:

Damn dude. Great bike, great trip. Bring your camera and tell us everything that happened. And be careful!!!!

4. Section8

Section8 .

Sounds like a fun trip, be careful!

5. B7R

B7R New NASCAR Fan

Should be a fun trip. I'm planning on travelling from one side of Australia to the other for the Australian round of the MotoGP.

6. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Thanks for the well-wishes. I'm kinda nervous about the whole thing (never travelled this far on a bike before, new bike for me, etc) but I know once it's over I'll have some great memories.

Today I'm going over all of my stuff to make sure I'm ready. Also mapping out the route and adding music to my MP3 player...

I'll try to send updates to the forum.

:wavey:

7. rider

rider New Member

There's a road called Deal's Gap in North Carolina. I've heard it's absolutely awesome. 318 turns in 11 miles. :bigthumb:

http://www.dealsgap.com/
    http://www.tailofthedragon.com/index.html
    [​IMG]

But it looks like it's one hell of a run, so you better be prepared. There is advice on those webpages that you should take a look at before you go. I've never been, but one day... OH HELL YAH... :)

Good luck! :wavey:

Last edited: May 8, 2004