Wish I majored in Psychology after reading Vag threads...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Jonari, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

It's pretty interesting to see how people are influenced and the way their mind processes things during times in their relationship? There is such a wide array of people that post in the Vag from people that believe it is a sin in pre-marital fornication to individuals that believe cheating in a relationship is appropriate. :hs:

2. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I have yet to see anyone here who believes this, and I've been frequenting the Vag for about 2 years now.

But that's part of the reason I love coming to the Vag because I absolutely love seeing what makes people tick and what drives them to do things they do.

What I've learned from the Vag (and the Asylum and other websites) is that a lot of people in VERY similar circumstances all choose to act the same exact way, believing their situation is somehow different.

I've also learned that people don't come here for advice (most of the time). Most people come for some sort of validation (permission to do something they know is shady, confidence to approach that hot girl who makes them wiggly inside, or just plain agreement that the thing they are doing is ok).

I've also learned that it's only a SMALL percentage of people who actually take the advice they receive here and listen to it. Most people are no better off after they make the thread and read it's replies than they were before they made it.

Finally, I've learned that people tend to already know what they need to do before they even post the thread. Almost every thread I've seen asking for advice (that shares details) has the answer to their question buried in the post somewhere.

As a result, I believe we are not here to give advice so much as we are to combat stubborness (a quality of which I am chief :big grin:).

3. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

as i said...it's pretty interesting to see how people respond to stimuli around them.

i think that is what many share is the act of being stubborn. when reality hits them regarding their relationship and how unhealthy it is for them, instead of aborting themselves from that point in their lives, many continue to indulge themselves deeper into the negative environment.

:bowdown:

4. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:ugh:

5. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I was looking to get a degree in psychology when I figured 8 years of education plus 2 years of internship should've been something I started 10 years prior. :hsd:

It's really interesting how people think and how they're affected by the same things.

HBO has this series called In Treatment that's about a psychologist and his patients. It's well done and intriguing. One of my favorite shows.