SRS Wish I could cut down my weed smokin

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AngerRising, Oct 9, 2006.

1. AngerRising

AngerRising Guest

I've been smoking pretty consistently for about 4-5 years now, and for the past 2 years I've been smoking every day. I used to only get high at night but now I find myself doing it during the daytime too. I would really like to cut my usage back to maybe just weekends but I just enjoy smoking too fucking much, what should I do!?!?!? I feel it may be starting to affect me now in ways I don't want. :(

2. Rube The B00B

Rube The B00B New Member

First try to stop smoking at night, if you smoke before you go to sleep you will make yourself stupid. When you fall asleep high you don't have any rapid eye movement which stimulates brain activity...As for cutting down all together, do somthing else with the money. No money=no weed.

3. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

if you are unable to control your use of drugs, and it is making your life unmanageable, you may have an addiction issue.

come to an NA meeting and ask about it, see if you hear anything useful.

www.na.org

4. Zyzzybalubah

Zyzzybalubah New Member

:werd:

5. Don Ganja

Don Ganja Drunk Driving > *

do you have a reference for this? i have never heard of this before, and i am very sceptical of it. the high only lasts about an hour, so even if this were true then you would lose less than an hour of REM sleep.

as for cutting down, the simplest way is to just cut down. plain and simple. cannabis is less phisically and psychologically addictive than tobacco, amphetamines, and opiates. hell, it will be easier for you to cut down than an overeater on a diet.

i am in no way implying that it will be a piece of cake however. after 2 years of smoking everyday you are used to the high, and you are going to feel a little anxious, restless, and a lot of boredom. i recommend picking up some activities to occupy yourself. excersise, read, study, rent some movies, go on a hike (stoners naturally apreciate nature, even when they are sober), or try to pick up chicks.

above all, it is going to take willpower for this to work. dont give up too easy.

6. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

Smokin' the reefer

Rehab and the introduction to NA helped me a lot. I had been smoking week for 5 years, and the last three years of that time, I had been smoking approximately every 2 hours while I was awake. The cost wasn't prohibitive because I wasn't blazing blunts or anything like that, just a couple of hits of KB from the pipe every couple of hours. Anyway, if you're interested in cutting back or quitting, you can start "rewarding" yourself with pot instead of it being a way of life for you. Another option is to go to NA and quit altogether and use NA as your support.

Surprisingly, quitting pot was much easier than I thought it would be. After 34 days in a treatment center, I got out and didn't really have very many urges to smoke again. Sure there have been a couple of times when I thought how nice it would be to hit a bong, but with a little self-control those cravings were easily overcome.

The biggest challenge for me was altering my lifestyle to avoid being put in situations where I want to use. I don't hang around with people if/when they are smoking, and I try not to allow myself to get bored. Drinking is a different story for me. I find that I can still work in a restaurant, inventory and stock liquor, play pool at the pool hall, and be okay with my parents having a liquor cabinet in the house. I am more concerned about smoking pot than I am about drinking because I enjoy smoking pot a lot more than I enjoy drinking.

Anyway, I hope this helps. :cool:

7. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

It sounds like you need to discover the NA fellowship. They'll help out enormously with the boredom and confusion. Despite popular belief, there are a lot of young people (18 - 24) in the NA program... you'll likely make some friends.

Your story reminds me of my battle with alcohol before seeking treatment. I'd promise myself that I wouldn't drink for a day, and before I knew it, I was sitting at the bar with an $80 bar tab. This happened on many occasions, even when I didn't have any money to spend at the bar. :o It was really frustrating, mostly because I didn't understand what the hell was wrong with me. :uh:

It's called the disease of addiction.

8. headrec

headrec OT Supporter

You sound pretty much like me. I was smoking a lot of chronic everyday for over the past year and smoking off and on for the past 5. Then one day got arrested. Haven't touched the shit since. That was about 2 weeks ago. I just have come to the conclusion it's not worth the risk.

Now I don't recommend getting arrest. Worst shit ever. But I will tell you that bottom line it comes down to how bad you want to do it or not want to. The only one or thing that decides how much pot you smoke is you. So decide for yourself.

9. AngerRising

AngerRising Guest

Show me studies/referrences about that REM conclusion, thanks.

10. AngerRising

AngerRising Guest

True, and plus 95% of my friends smoke so it is always around me, even when I don't buy it. Smoking is like second nature for us, kind of wish it wasn't at times.

11. AngerRising

AngerRising Guest

Got arrested like 2 years ago, still love smoking.

12. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

Don't let BS laws get in the way of what makes you happy in life :bigthumb:

13. poweraid

poweraid OT Supporter

Smokin' the reefer is fine as long as you don't do it all the time. Try just smoking at nights again and then eventually just smoke on weekends/special occasions.