Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Placebo, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I'm gonna get mine removed in a few hours. All four of them are impacted.

Hopefully I won't be out of the gym for too long.

Any advice for recovery from anyone?

2. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

lots of soft foods, lots of fluids

be prepared to do nothing for a couple days, maybe rent a few movies

you should be able to get back in the gym in maybe 5 days. depends on how fast your recovery goes

3. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

I had all four impacted removed two years ago... I was done for a week.

no dry sockets (thank the good man upstairs) but the fact that there are open wounds in your mouth requires a few days off. head pressure from lifting will open those boys up and cause a lot of discomfort - take the doctors orders. It may seem okay, but pushing it will sideline you for even longer than you want. plus... the painkillers are great

4. SquallRm

SquallRm New Member

dont let the pain killers fool you.
    high blood pressure you are getting from working out may open them badboys up... give it at LEAST a week...|

my one wisdom tooth already is peeking out, hopefully the fucker grows straight but i doubt it.

5. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

i took off a few days. no impacted or dry sockets. After day 2, i was feelin fine pretty much 100%

6. Initial E

Initial E New Member

vicodin is your friend

i had only the top two that needed to be removed and they were impacted. I however, was lucky and I was fine the same day. I just had a little soreness which was cured by 1 vicodin and then I was back to eating whole foods the next day. The following days I still took precautions to make sure the wound was clean and rinsed my mouth with warm salt water. But no dry socket for me.

7. blam

blam New Member

if they give you T3's also take some Ibprofuen. It seriously helps as IBP is an Anti-Inflammatory and helps a lot when it comes to dental pain.

PS: Do not spit or use straws. I was not told by my dentist not to spit and I developed dry socket because I started spitting due to excessive bleeding. I have thin blood and I had swallowed so much blood that I was getting pretty violently ill(felt like I could barely breathe) so I ended up spitting out of desperation. It sucked arse.

PS PS: Stop eating possible blood thinners a few days before the operation. Most notably if you eat a lot of garlic cut that shit out and drop your fish oil. Same goes w/ sesamin.

8. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Thanks a lot guys. Got back a few hours ago then slept. I'm honestly feeling 100% right now aside from the numbness even though I'm not. The most painful part was the IV which wasn't bad at all.

I'm just sticking to yogurt mixed in cottage cheese and water all day til tommorow.

9. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

were you awake when they did it? im getting mine removed probably june - august.

10. Sounds like they did a good job on the anesthesia. The amount that you get determines how long you're going to be out. You should be ok the next day but some people can be out for a week.

11. blam

blam New Member

I wasnt put out and I had all 4 cut out. The sounds were disturbing and their was a little bit of pressure but if I did it again I would still stay awake. No point being put under unless u need to.

12. Placebo

Placebo New Member

he gave me just enough iv sedation to be in "twighlight" i cant remember a thing but it wasnt deep

I was and still on so much shit though. I can't feel really any pain on any part of my body. It's actually kind of cool.

13. Phlab

Phlab OT Supporter

that's what my dentist broseph said he was gonna do. Do you remember any of the procedure occuring at all? How fast did time pass?

14. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Once I actually got down to the chair after the video and everything like within a minute they hooked me up to oxygen, an electrode gig, and a fucking iv (I hate needles). Surgery apparenly last 40 minutes for all 4 wisdom teeth.

Then there was a gap and I woke up. To be honest I can't really remember what happened after the iv. I was so fucked up and when I got home I slept. All I can really remember is from the iv to when I woke up hours later after I got home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.