Wisdom teeth removal

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DTR rex, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

So it seems I need to get my other 3 wisdom teeth pulled. I had one pulled via local anesthesia a couple years ago and now the others are starting cause jaw pain and causing some TMJ problems.
    Apparently they are impacted into the jaw bone and sideways so I am expecting recovery to be pretty long.... Like maybe a week or so.

So those of you that have gotten this done what did you do to prevent losing tons of weight and muscle? I won't be able to eat solids for AT LEAST 3 or 4 days and word on the street is that getting knocked out for the procedure will cause nausea and sickness.

So I am basically looking for some input on (1) ideas on what to eat to keep a steady flow of cals, carbs, fat, and protein into my diet so I don't drop tons of weight and (2) any possible way to prevent the nausea and sickness sometimes associates with anesthesia.

I have a consult on the 9th of January and will get them taken out probably within the next 2 weeks after that. I am bulking right now so I don't want to have months worth of bulking go to waste during that week or two when i'll be out of commission.

Thanks.

2. jonno

jonno New Member

pretty much milkshakes with whey.. that was it

3. KingSteveTTC

KingSteveTTC New Member

Yeah. I got them out a few weeks ago.

Pasta is good too. I was able to eat "normal food" decently 2-3 days later.

4. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I was able to eat the next morning but mine weren't impacted. :dunno:

5. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I have 3 that need to come out. 1 will be a basic extraction but the two on top are horribly impacted... like sideways, still in the jaw bone... So I expect a long recovery.

6. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

i got all 4 taken out when i was like 14...before i gave a shit about lifting/nutrition :hs:

7. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Yeah, I wish I would have done the same.

I know I am not going to be able to eat solids for several days and I am worried about the nausea that sometimes comes with going under further making losing weight a serious issue.

I have not gone under since I was 8 years old and I am not sure what to expect. Is there a way to prevent the nausea associated with post-surgery anesthesia?
    The last fucking thing I need when only being able to eat liquids is not being able to eat anything at all because I am sick.
    Not sure how my body will respond.

8. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

whey w/
    peanut butter
    ground up oats
    banana
    spinach
    milk

9. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

dont think so bro. I know i felt like shit for like a week. Face was all puffed up too. People thought i got fat :rofl: everyone responds differently. Talk to your doctor about it. good luck bro.

10. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

11. Dadilius

Dadilius New Member

I didn't have any problem's with nausea or sickness after I had all four of mine removed. Just was tired as hell from the drugs. Also was able to chew afterwards, but that was just bread and softer foods.

12. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I had all 4 taken out when I was 18. Mine's was taken out at a hospital. I forget if my body just couldn't handle the general anasthesia but I was out for almost 3 days. I think that experience was what what got me hooked on to my naps.
    Anyone else have to take tons of penicilin before any dental procedures?

13. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

:sadwavey:

I did. I had mine removed in the fall. I chip one on something and it was like I got kicked in the head. Someone the tooth was infected and the snatched all 4 of them out. I was fine 2 or 3 days later

14. Nameless

Nameless It's what's for dinner

I had all 4 taken out. They were all impacted and I was awake for the entire procedure. My experience that night was terrible I couldn't even swallow but by the next morning I could manage soft foods like scrambled eggs with normal food by day 2-3.

15. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

I had all 4 taken out about 2 years ago and my mouth has never been the same since. I was lifting and I ended up taking off about a week off from lifting after surgery. When I got back, I had lost 10lbs and my lifts were extremely weak for the first few lifting sessions. I think it was worse for me than most people.... I actually remembering waking up twice during the actual procedure... fucking doctor. :ugh: I was a pill poppin animal for that week I didn't lift though. :mamoru:

I'd slam some ice cream and whey or milk and whey with some PB, all depending on what your macro needs are.

16. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

yea eggs would be a good option as well :cool:

17. ralyks

ralyks New Member

As has been said, milkshakes. Blend a big mac with some milk if you want :p
    Just don't use a straw.

I had a big mac the next day (not blended), but mine weren't impacted. I don't know anything about the nauseau because I was fine when I woke up, just really groggy and had a good sleep when I got home. It'll wear off after a few hours it's not like it will make you sick for a week.

Most of all, just enjoy the anesthesia. I wish I could get that on a regular basis and not develop any addiction problems it feels so good.

18. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

DAWT!

19. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

LOL @ you faggots who had to get put out to get them pulled.

Had 4 of mine pulled at 1 time and I was awake durin the whole fuckin thing.

I was in la la land though because of the laughing gas. :bowdown:

20. jonno

jonno New Member

i don't understand why you wouldnt want to be knocked out during that shit..

21. jmezz

I'm a sick fuck and I like going through potentially traumatizing events.

It was pretty dope hearin them drill my teeth, pick at them, and then actually hearing them crack from being ripped out of my jaw. :bowdown:

Actually my Dr. told me that if he was to knock me out he wouldn't be able to knock me out for that long and he'd have to rush.

With me being awake but just totally out in space he could take his time and do shit right.

I don't know how true that is because surgeons knock people out for like 12 hours at times but he's an oral surgeon and I don't know if they're certified for the same sort of thing. :dunno:

22. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

I got all 4 of mine taken out and all I remember is having to crush up my percocet and mix them with koolaid because my mouth was so numb afterwards. Then I sat around and got high for a few days and was fine.

Drink lots of shakes I guess. Then when you run out of painkillers tell the doctor it still hurts really bad get some oxycontin and put it up your ass.

23. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

they could have pozzed me up for all I care. Shit was amazin'

24. jmezz

No shit man I wish I had a tank full of laughin gas for my room, that shit would be :bowdown:

I'd just rent a shitload of funny movies and laugh my fuckin ass off all day.

25. y1997

y1997 Made in the U.S.S.R.

Got two removed, they didn't use any laughing gas or put me to sleep while doing it because I had to drive myself home. I started laughing while the guy was pulling them and he looked at me like i was crazy. I just thought it was comical that exactly half of my face was numb as fuck. Came home opened my mouth and all bunch of blood just poured out of my mouth into my sink that shit was disgusting. :rofl:

I was fine to eat later on in the day though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.