WIRELESS USB cool

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by nietsni3, Mar 7, 2005.

1. nietsni3

nietsni3 Guest

wow, this would be too cool
    http://www.usb.org/wusb/home

but i wonder how the current Usb device is gonna be compatible with this? perhaps you will have to buy a adapter for each and every single current USB device to have them connected o the WUSB network?

2. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

They should make USB work right first before taking on something new.

3. nietsni3

nietsni3 Guest

is it not working right?

4. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Too much BS. ie. Device work one one port but not on another. Device needs to be unplugged and replugged to work. Device works until you install another device. I'm not saying its like that 100% of the time, but the incidents of wierd problems on USB is much higher than with parallel, serial, or PS2 where things just simply worked.

5. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

too bad it will hog all ur usb bus up!

6. R-Type

R-Type The Bydo Empire must die!

Most of this has to do with how microsoft integrated usb into windows' PnP/device enumeration crapola and not the standard itself. The legacy ports work perfectly mainly because they are mapped via old school bios/hw interrupts and that they've been around for two decades helps as well. ;)

Personally, I agree with you. I miss the days of setting a jumper and NOT having to worry about resource settings shifting around into problematic configurations. PnP is great, except when it doesn't work (buggy bios/OS etc), you're SOL.

7. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

I hear you, in a legacy application we used, we had 8 regular modems connected to the computer via digi board serial ports. When the computer would boot up, every once in awhile 1+ modems would not be found and that modem would remain inactive. I eventually had to make sure all of the modems were found in PnP format, then disable all 8 modems and then add them back in with non-PnP drivers.