Wireless router reset

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bencorn, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Bencorn

Bencorn New Member

I have a linksys router, the [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]WRT54G I believe. I have a problem with having to reset it about every other day when my roommate and I are downloading things. If it isn't reset, after we shut off our downloads, we get page cannot loads left and right just trying to get on the internet. I don't know if the router is what needs reset or if it is the cable box itself as we usually just reset both for simplicity. Any idea why this might be happening? Happens far more often with his torrents than it does with my newsgroups. I can't flash the firmware being as it is my 3rd roommates router so any suggestions will have to be factory firmware or software based. Thanks.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

2. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

3. Bencorn

Bencorn New Member

Is there any way to fix the connections problem without flashing the bios? I have no problem with it but my roommate who owns the router might not be too stoked about me fuckin with his shit. Unless I can convince the girlfriend to give me my Linksys wireless router back. I'd probably have to get her a new one though, and in that case I'd probably just get a nicer one for myself.