Wireless router problem. It will connect to the router fine, internet fades in/out

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by zanyspy_dude, Jan 12, 2006.

1. zanyspy_dude

zanyspy_dude King of teh n00bz

I'll be using the internet fine, like now, but ever few seconds my wireless monitor shows that the internet isn't connected. Not an issue for browsing the web, but makes playing games impossible. My laptop is connected and never has any problems. There are a total of 3 computers on and my roommates might be doing the same thing. I know it can connect to the router always because i get the setup page. There is an AP in the house running on channel 7, the router is on channel 6. Any idea what the problem might be?

2. Sabrewulf

Sabrewulf New Member

Got any 2.4 Ghz phones around? or any hig frequenzy equiptment around them?

3. StevesVR4

StevesVR4 Get Arrested

Channels 6 and 7 are too close together. You need to space them out more to insure there is no interference. With one set to channel 6, the other should probably be set to channel 10. From what I have read and understand, there is some overlap with the channels. Also, I would avoid channel 6 since that channel is usually the default. There can be other APs in the area using that same channel.

4. Sabrewulf

Sabrewulf New Member

:werd:

When i have more than on AP, i use channel 1 and 11 most of the time. :dunno:

5. zanyspy_dude

zanyspy_dude King of teh n00bz

well, i changed it. THe wireless monitor says the internet is not conneected...but um, well it clearly is sisnce i'm posting, lol.