Wireless problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by McClane, Dec 28, 2005.

1. McClane

McClane Who Killed Marilyn?

Apr 18, 2001
    I have a wireless home network. I've always had neighbors who had networks as well, but now whenever it detects other networks than the one I'm on, it doesn't know what to do (i guess) and disconnects from mine and asks which I want to connect to. I simply reconnect to mine within seconds, no problem. But this happens about every 2 minutes. I have no idea what is causing this that suddenly started last night, so I'm completely boggled. Anyway...I can barely even look at webpages without getting frustrated,

To give some sort of scope of the situation, it has d/c'd and I have had to click "reconnect" 3 times while typing this post.

the little connection icon in the taskbar says "one or more wireless networks are available. to see a list of networks, click here", which I do - choose mine, and it reconnects instantly. I have my home network set as the preferred one even :wtc:
  2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Jun 6, 2003
    When you are in the network properties of a wireless network, there is a connection tab (right click network neighborhood, right click wireless connection, and select a network and go to properties). There is a check box that says connect to this network when in range. Maybe you can un-check the box if it's checked, so it won't automatically connnect to another network.