wireless problems w/ sp2

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by vpresben, Jan 29, 2008.

1. vpresben

vpresben OT Supporter

i know i know... "lurk more"

but anyway

I have an IBM R51 and for a long time avoided updating to SP2 because I had this problem the last time i updated (and then went back to my restore point). My wireless was working fine before the updated (i downloaded sp2 wirelessly) but now that I have updated, the IBM access connections program is telling me that it cannot turn on my wireless radio and thus cannot find a connection.

Is there anything I can do to remedy this situation easily? Perhaps a way to get rid of the IBM program that would allow my computer to just search for a wireless signal without being ensured that the radio is on?

Thanks in advance.

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

You could reinstall the wireless drivers after you upgrade - that'll probably do it. You don't need anything loaded other than the driver by the way - the connection software was built to make it less confusing (which don't personally think it does).

3. vpresben

vpresben OT Supporter

drivers updated and computer restarted. same error messages. i just dont get why it changes after the sp2 install. im in class for the next 4 hours but hopefully someone can help in the mean time.

4. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

5. vpresben

vpresben OT Supporter

vanilla-

if that is already turned on, how do i either disable the ibm access connection or access zero config?

i feel like such an idiot right now. ive never had a problem that just wont go away

6. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

If you enable Wireless Zero Config, it should take control away from the IBM Access Connections. Otherwise, search through the IBM app for a setting that says "Use Windows To Manage Wireless Connections" or something of that nature.

7. vpresben

vpresben OT Supporter

i even uninstalled the acess connections program and still cant get the damn thing to power on