Wireless Network ??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by popsnbeer, Mar 17, 2006.

1. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

I have a wirless network set up with a linksys router. My computer works fine (the one physically plugged into the router). I have no problem hooking up one other computer at a time wirelessly, but when I try to have two hooked up wirelessly the second one to connect never can.

Help me out please!! :x: Don't know if it makes any difference but I do have it set up as a secured network.

Thanks ya'll

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Are you sure you're typing the WEP key in correctly when setting up the 2nd wireless machine?

What kind of seciruty are you using? Are you using MAC filtering?

3. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

it will not even begin to let me type in my WEP on the computer that will not connect. It's like it doesn't even try. lol

if I recycle my router and cable modem. It works for like a day or two. I am not sure what is happening here.

4. U Think U Know

U Think U Know OT Supporter

What model Linksys router? Does it have latest firmware from Linksys on it?

5. theshaft

theshaft Guest

Temporarily disable the security measures on the wireless router for testing (such as WEP, WAP, and MAC Address Filtering). Then try to connect. If it works, then slowly re-enable each security measure you want to use one at a time, maknig sure your computers all still connect each step of the way.