Wireless network help!? Simple APP needed

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Devin, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Devin

Devin New Member

Hey guys , I need something to detect If more than one IP is using my wireless network ? I have a WAP setup but , they're not that hard to really crack. Anyone have a simple to use app to check this out ?

2. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

:werd:

it's in one of the logs

3. Devin

Devin New Member

Oh .. Hm .. Thanks I'll check it out. Im rather wireless "illiterate" if you will .

edit : OOOOOh there it is .. haha Ok thanks. Looks like no one has figured it out yet . I've refreshed a few times and no IP's pop up. I guess Charter is just doing its nightly 8 PM bottleneck bandwidth :gay:

4. scotty

scotty why don't you take a seat right over there? OT Supporter

might want to put on mac address filtering if all you have is wep security. yes mac addresses can be spoofed but its just 1 more hurdle. also don't enable it until you have your computers mac address in the router or its going to lock you out.

5. fuzion1029

fuzion1029 New Member

at least you're worried about it. I work at best buy, and i see so many people come get wireless setups and you just know they have no f'n clue about wireless security.

6. Euclid

Euclid New Member

It's such a trivial hurdle compared to cracking WEP that anyone who can do the one, can certainly do both.

IMO maintaining the address list (adding people whenever they come to visit etc) is too much hassle for zero added security.