Wireless network connection sucks!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Valence, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

It never loses signal. It does drop the connection. It sounds weird, but no other machine in the house has this problem. IT happens whether or not you use the zero config or OEM wireless app.

It says signal strength is always good. Then the net gear icon flashes yellow, then green, then yellow, then green. then for some reason it goes red and I lose the connection. No one else has this problem. I'm 20 feet from the wireless router. What gives? A repair usually does the trick. It seems to happen when I'm idle for any amount of time. Then the only way I can fix it sometimes is to reboot. Others, it's to repair the connection. Could it be some kind of file corruption in windows related to DHCP? It seems like it loses the IP DNS and DG and has to be restarted to gain them to allow access to the net.

2. swiftstylez

swiftstylez 1/2 MAN 1/2 AMAZING AND BLACK FROM THE WAIST DOWN.

Wireless does suck balls, I just switched over to using wire. What wirless network card and router are you using? I was using a lynksys wirless g card and a netgear router and I would only get 11.0 Mbs. After I switch to wire its at 100mbs. I also use to get that same connection drop you got and connection was fuckin slow and frustrating. Download speed was only at 2kbs. I then said fuck it and switch back.

3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Sounds like a card-specific issue. Although I'd try setting a static IP on that PC and see if that fixes it.

4. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

actually I had an issue with Kaspersky running at 100% 100% of the time, I cleared it up and got rid of Kaspersky, now I don't have the wireless connection problem as much.

5. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

well it cleared up for a few days, but now it's back, and I can't find anything wrong. Maybe intereference... I had a viewsonic, never had a problem. switched it out with a netgear... and now I do. (switched to test compatibility with linux- linux wouldn't recognize the viewsonic, or the netgear)