Wireless Mouse + keyboard

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by spoofy, Apr 12, 2005.

1. spoofy

spoofy Chemically Enhanced

I just ordered a microsoft wireless mouse + keyboard (optical elite desktop) from newegg and it sucks. I find myself having to reclick fairly often and the mouse movement isnt smooth at all. It uses RF which i figured would be fairly reliable but it doesnt seem to be.. but this is my first wireless mouse + keyboard. Does anyone else have this problem? I am not sure if I simply got crappy hardware or what..

would bluetooth be more reliable? or does anyone have any suggestions?

2. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

i use the elite duo from logitech and have no problems. may need to relocate the receiver.

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Ditto, how far is the receiver from the mouse and keyboard?

If you read the setup guide, it tells you that you should have the receiver a certain distance from the mouse and keyboard. Having it too close or too far could cause problems like you have.

And in my experience, I never had any luck with any bluetooth devices on my machine.

4. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

I had the same problem with my microsoft mouse and keyboard combo... really only the mouse. The receiver was too far away from the mouse. I put it on top of my tower, directly below the mouse on the desktop, and it works perfectly. Surprising that 14" would make any difference, but it was night and day.

5. aphoric

aphoric Even if god did exist, it would be necessary to ab

I use bluetooth mouse and keyboard from M$ and my Treo syncs via bluetooth. Sometimes my laptop won't find them, but I reboot and it's better. Wireless/bluetooth devices suck for games.

6. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

I use my logitech elite duo for all kinds of hardcore gaming, and never missed a click or key press, or had any lag.

7. spoofy

spoofy Chemically Enhanced

that may be the problem. I did have it around 6 feet away..and it sucked..so I got frustrated and now it is right next to my mouse and keyboard and it still sucks I guess I just gotta get the right distance. Or maybe switch to logitech..

Another question.. is bluetooth more reliable then RF?

8. bottomline

bottomline Guest

I will never buy another MS keyboard/mouse again. I bought two bluetooth keyboards from them and the drivers or bluetooth reciever was shit. The keyboards never ended up working and after months of not using it, I tried it here and there for weeks until I got it to work. The mouse has now been working fine, even though it chews through batteries. The keyboard(s) still do not work to this day and there really is no tech support for the product. I'm typing on an MX1000 and dinovo desktop (logitech) and couldn't be happier with it. I popped in the mini reciever and within 5 seconds I was good to go. :big grin:

9. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

could easily be isolated instances. I've had my MS mouse/kb for about 16 months now, and I have NEVER changed the batteries in the keyboard and only 2x in the mouse. I'm basically on my computer 6 to 8 hours a day, every day.

10. whiteaccord

whiteaccord OT Supporter

logitech makes quality products, i try to steer away from microsoft products (unless it's free after rebates or something)

11. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

I myself own a Logitech MX Duo as well as a MS Wireless Explorer mouse. As far as wireless mouses go the MS one definately isn't that good, but its damn comfortable.