Wireless mouse for PowerBook

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by newsroom_can, Feb 24, 2005.

1. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

I am looking for a wireless mouse for my PowerBook and I am wondering abot one thing.

If I were to buy a bluetooth mouse like this one http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=7110

Would I need to use their bluetooth base station? Or can I use one without connecting it to my notebook?

Basically I am looking for one that I don't need to plug in a receiver onto my laptop.

Also, do you have any suggestions for good wireless mouse?

2. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

No need for the basestation other then to charge the mouse since it's built in to the PowerBook.

3. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

hmmm...

"Works with both Windows® 2000 and XP"

No mention of Mac support.

4. Icedog

Icedog New Member

That's because the mouse has more than one button :slap:

jk

5. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Bluetooth is bluetooth.

6. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

Thanks.

7. Sukurudo

Sukurudo New Member

The mouse will work in 2 button mouse mode, but all the "extra" buttons on it wont work till Logitech releases a driver that will handle it for OSX

8. nashstradamus

nashstradamus New Member

anyone used this mouse? I think I might buy it...

[​IMG]

http://www.radtech.us/Products/BT500.aspx

The RadTech BT-500 Bluetooth mouse makes a great addition to your digital arsenal. This ruggedly-built, small and lightweight BT wireless mouse packs such a solid productivity punch, you'll never want to be without it! The BT-500 combines 3 button control as well as a finger-friendly silicone composite scroll wheel, so you can stop "mousing around"

Cutting-edge Bluetooth wireless connectivity lets you finally cut the cord, as well as the corresponding cable clutter - mousing is so much easier when you're not dragging a cable around. Set-up with a Mac (OS X 10.2.8 and up) is a cinch - switch on, pair up and go. A USB-BT adapter is required if your machine lacks built-in Bluetooth - All recent Apple PowerBooks feature built-in Bluetooth.

Weighing in at a luggage-friendly 64 grams with it's included AAA Alkaline batteries, the BT-500 won't add to your load. Battery life is extended while switched on thanks to the BT-500's smart power-saving sleep mode - click a button or move the mouse while in sleep mode, and the connection is seamlessly restored in two seconds! An easily accessible power switch, located on the underside, allows the device to be powered down for extended periods of non-use. Battery life is a respectable 4-7 days when powered on 24/7, and up to several weeks when used 4-6 hours per day. Works well using NiMH rechargeable batteries too - we recommend them!

Easy Set-up: Connecting the BT-500 is simple - no drivers needed for Mac OS X.
    With Bluetooth active on your computer, Select "Set up Bluetooth Device" from the Bluetooth System Preference or the BT menubar widget. Press the pairing button on the underside of the mouse to make the device discoverable - scroll wheel will glow blue to indicate that the mouse is discoverable. In the Bluetooth Setup Assistant window, click continue. When asked for "Device Type", select "Mouse". The mouse will be discovered within seconds - press continue to pair and enjoy your new freedom!

9. i be bent

i be bent New Member

I just got that mouse 2 weeks ago. I ordered the white one to match my G4 iBook from http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/shop/detail.asp?dpno=49370 . It is a bluetake brand, but it is the exact same mouse even same model number. The only difference is it doesn't have the radtech logo on the top. I chose the bluetake one because it was cheaper than the radtech. It did seem that I burned through the included set of energizer batteries pretty quick as they went dead the other day, and this may be due to the fact that i left it on for several hours at a time. I'm not sure if there is a built in power save mode or not. Overall, i like the mouse because it is sweet looking, small and portable, and works good. It doesn't include a carrying case, but i noticed that radtech is now selling a case designed for the mouse for an additional $14.95

10. nashstradamus

nashstradamus New Member

i be bent-

hows responsive is it? when i used my friends 1GHz powerbook he had a wired mouse and it was very slow moving... I am assuming you can turn that speed up, but I just like my mouse to be very fluid.. any problems at all with this mouse?

thanks

11. i be bent

i be bent New Member

seems very responsive in my opinion, i haven't had any problems

12. diranged

diranged New Member

I picked up a Targus Bluetooth mouse from Frys and it works GREAT with my 12" PowerBook. Its nice because its small -- great for traveling. Only issue is that the battery life is rough when you use it all day every day...

13. zackflavored

zackflavored KingShit's Post #55!

i bought the radtech one, definetely get that one for sure, its usefully as balls. pocketsize for easy transportation and great response, picks up connection in seconds. mine lasted me like 3 weeks, but under the condition that i turned it off when it was not in use, i mainly used it for games and art/photography. good buy:bigthumb:

14. stillspiraling

stillspiraling Would you like some making fuck, BERSERKER

I have this mouse in that color to match my PBook, and it's simply badass. It is easily found upon each startup, and the small size is so nice. It seems to burn through the AAA's, so be warned... especially if you leave it on accidentally. All in all the best mouse I've found.

15. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese