wireless digital music (pc -> home stereo)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ttah, May 15, 2005.

1. ttah

ttah Guest

Ok so I have about 30 gigs of mp3's on my computer now. All encoded at 256.
    So almost all my music listening is through my laptop. The sad thing is I have a
    very nice Linn system sitting in my living room that I barely use now. The Ikemi
    cd player plays cds great... but doesn't support any other format. So I'd like to
    get my stereo on my wireless network so I can just stream music to it.

So far I've found the apple airport... but it looks like you're required to use
    itunes to play music (not a big itunes fan). Is there any other similiar device
    that I can use? I don't care if it does anything like printer support or wap... i
    just want it to play good quality music. I also would like to keep the unit either
    out of site or as small as possible. I don't want a component that will dwarf my
    stereo equipment. Any suggestions?

2. nobusiness

nobusiness New Member

search for omnifi dms1, it should sort of accomplish what you are going for.

3. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

I'm pretty sure the airport has been hacked by 3rd parties to allow other applications to broadcast. That said, what don't you like about iTunes?

4. Sirkraker

Sirkraker New Member

5. walman7

walman7 "Did you hurl in my shoe?"

either linksys or netgear also makes a similar unit to the airport which should run on other stuff not necessarily itunes