Winter Product / Care???

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by autoracer1, Sep 9, 2004.

1. autoracer1

autoracer1 Rallyx postponed :wtc: Next one May 10.

I did a search.. didn't really come up with anything.

Anyways, I figure maybe I'm jumping the gun... but the fall/winter rains have already started here.

What are some pre-winter care tips I can do... such as using 303 on door seals etc...?

For the paint... will ex-p be fine? Should I invest in a stronger sealant due to the shit and salt on the road?

Anything else?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You might want to try the Klasse Twins, All In One and Super Glaze. It is an acrylic sealant system that is very durable and much easier to use initially than Zaino. Put on 2 layers of SG about a week apart, then a week after that, top with Meguiars #16 Pro Paste Wax.

Another option is a couple layers of Poorboy's EX or EX-P (apply a day apart) then top a day later with #16.

Klasse will probably be a more durable base but it isn't quite as easy to use as Poorboy's.

3. autoracer1

autoracer1 Rallyx postponed :wtc: Next one May 10.

I gleaned this much from autopia... I just wanted to see if there was a better way :o Thanks for the tech...

Ill probably just go with the EX-P. I still have access to a heated garage to clean the car... and can deal with reapplying in 2 months or whatever. Plus I'll be using throughout the year anyway.