TAT Winged shoe tattoo idea

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Zephy|2, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Zephy|2

Zephy|2 I fly

My girlfriend says she's getting me a tattoo for christmas... I know that's not very soon, but I've been playing with ideas for a while. I think what I want is a winged shoe (We're both track and field nerds... pole vault specifically). I was thinking about getting something like one of these on my shoulder blade or the outside of my lower leg:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I had an idea. Skip the shoe, and just the wing on the outside of my lower leg, starting at my ankle, so it's like I'm wearing the winged shoe. I've been looking online, and can't find anything like it. Think it would be possible and look good?

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Have the wing extend from the Ankle?? that would look fantastic and very representative of what you are into.

3. Laurel

Laurel New Member

agreed. that's a great idea! just make sure to go to the best artist you can find. :)

4. tris

tris New Member

Just don't forget that tattoos are permanente. :big grin:

5. Zephy|2

Zephy|2 I fly

Yes, that is the kicker... I'm not sure if i'll want wings on my legs when i'm older. I like the idea so much though.

6. joy division

joy division New Member

Sounds like a great idea...whatever you do, take the next 6-7 months to find a fantastic artist whose style you like- even if you don't get the tattoo. That way you are educated on what kind of stuff you can get and won't regret getting a mediocre tattoo...if you are going to have it forever, get the best you can.

7. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

I dunno. The way I look at tattoo's is that they represent me at that particular time in my life. If I find something I like I wait about 6 mo to make sure I am still in love with the idea, then I get it ;)

I agree with PE, the ankle extending off the bone would be awesome! Is this your first tat though?

8. Zephy|2

Zephy|2 I fly

I will look into artists and try to find a design I like. For the idea with the shoe, and without.

yes.

9. jlawrenc

jlawrenc New Member

in my experience, single wings without a source included in the tat end up looking really out of place. I suggest getting it with the shoe, if you did, that would be tight.

10. Laurel

Laurel New Member

I think the wings themselves tattooed on his ankles would be f-ing sweet. :)

11. jlawrenc

jlawrenc New Member

Im sitting here thinking about them, and they could be cool. its a risk, but so are all tattoos. bottom line, do it if you like it.

12. inamorato

inamorato New Member

you could make it look like your ancles sprouted wings! or like they're ripping through! or Bolted on err!