Windshield chip

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by JW2, May 8, 2004.

1. JW2

JW2 New Member

A rock chipped my windshield today on the highway. I recall seeing a kit that you can buy in the store that supposedly repairs chips in glass. Does anyone know if they work and if so, how much does it cost?

[​IMG]

2. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

Get the Permatex brand at autozone - yes it's expensive ~$15 compared to the 5 bux of the cheap kits are BUT IT WORKS - in fact some glass shops use the permatex system. If the chip is old you need to blow it out with some compressed air - Do not wash it!

Then follow the instructions to the T and you'll be good. It will fill in that starburst in the center nicely but it may not patch the big gouge.

Good luck.

3. JW2

JW2 New Member

Thanks Mr. Secretary of Defense. I'll check that out. How do you apply it and what keeps it from getting all over the rest of the good glass? I'm sure the directions will say but I'm just curious.

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I had a mobile glass place come out and fix it for free with my car insurance, and it didn't cost me a thing - not even an insurance premium change. You should check to see if you have glass coverage on your insurance.

5. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

MAGIC :eek3:

:rofl: you'll see when you do it - it's very simple

the instructions say to pump is like 100 times and people always do it like 10 times - trust me and follow the directions