Windsheild fog after wipers are used...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by fixthe fernback, Apr 18, 2010.

1. fixthe fernback

fixthe fernback New Member

So, my new (used) car has it and my old car had it too. When the wipers wipe, a fog appears and then fairly quickly disappears again. Conventional washing with the blue stuff at the gas station doesn't do anything about it. It's quite annoying, especially at night. The fog is there basically the entire time when the wipers are on high, and the defrosters don't do anything because its not condensation.

I hear Bon Ami is a good solution for stuff on windows that doesn't come off with windex... anyone have any experience with it? Do I need to apply anything on the windows afterwards? Any tips for not getting that shit all over everything else on my car?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Fog is due to condensation, not sure if anything you can simply apply to the glass will really work. Have you tried using just heat with the defroster instead of using the a/c at the same time (which is what most HVAC systems do automatically)?

3. fixthe fernback

it looks like fog, but its not. I guess its more of a haze. it happens in any weather, with the washer fluid or without it. I guess theres some oily deposit on the windshield thats causing it? that's my hypothesis

4. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Bon Ami will work its bassiclly just a layer of silicone that has built up on the window from shitty wiper blades. Use bon ami and replace the blades and be done with it

5. fixthe fernback

damn, I dont want new wipers again. I had just bought bosch icons for the car I traded in :rofl:

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

It's just wiper blades... not like you're replacing an alternator or something.

You could always try using alcohol swabs and some 303 to clean and restore your existing blades if you really want to.