Windows XP Media build 2600 driver problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Zappy, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Zappy

Zappy New Member

Well, my CD-drive just stoped working 1 day and I wondered why, so I went into control panel and checked it out, turns out a "driver" was messed up. Well i knew that that CD-drive uses microsofts built in drive that comes with the xp oporating system. So i said hell its probably the drive and its giving a wrong reading. So i go buy a new cd drive, there not that much, instal it. Same problem

What i need help is.

Easy way to bitch at microsoft.
    CD drive driver DL.
    Any other solution.

I hate microsoft, I realy wanna switch to *nix, too bad microsoft has the whole directx shit going for them and no gamer could ever truly switch to *nix without having windows instaled =(.

Anyway thanks for any help I can get :)

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Microsof isn't bad, and problems from the past have been fixed which is only fair to say the least.

The first question is 'how the hell did you manage to mess up a cd driver?'

Nowadays there's only 2 possible ways to manage that, either you deleted the drivers yourself, or you have a virus that is tarnishing your computer. That a driver just messes up out of itself due to file corruption or damaged clusters is extremely rare. For the solution. http://www.cdrom-drivers.com/

But if i where you, i would at least get

-avast viruscanner www.avast.com
    -lavasoft www.lavasoft.com
    -spybot www.spybot.com

After doing all those things, i would do a diskcheck.

Because there's just no way in hell that a cd driver messes itself up out of nowhere.

3. Zappy

Zappy New Member

Yea I did have some trojans on my computer for a while, realy should be more carefull about them cracks eh? Anyway I already got rid of those.

I am going to partion my drive and store the shit i need then instal a fresh copy of XP pro.