Windows XP and ME mouse differences

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FadedCamo, Oct 18, 2004.

1. FadedCamo

FadedCamo New Member

Hello, I've noticed this problem ever since I switched over to an XP computer. I used to play on a Millenium OS computer and everything was fine. But, now I play games on XP and I notice that the mouse settings don't feel right. Like they're less sensitive or something. Anyways, I still have the old ME computer and playing them both on the same games shows a big difference in gameplay. I've tried tweaking the mouse settings on XP and to no avail, the mouse still does not feel right. I also tried using the same exact stock ball mouse on both computers, the ME computer still works 10 times better.

I mean, it works and all, but to a gamer like myself, I can really feel a subtle but big difference in my movements. This is not just in games, I notice this on the desktop and just using the mouse in general. And no, this incident is not just my computer. I notice it in all computers Ive used that have XP running (quite a few). Now, my question is, is there some way for me to fix this sensitivity difference? I want to play games with the way my mouse works on ME on my XP computer. Please, this has been a problem I've been having for years and no one seems to notice this problem except me. Help.

2. percent

percent deluded

Umm, adjusting the mouse sensitivity is the only thing i know of - but i have never heard of anyone complaining about this before. If you dont like it try buying a different mouse.

3. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Did you try the Mouse settings in the control panel (not just inside games)?

4. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

There is a setting in mouse properties on XP that says "Disable Accelleration in Games." By default it is selected. XP has mouse speed which is the same as in ME, a slider you adjust to speed up or slow down the mouse. Then it has accelleration with settings of no,low,medium,high.

Basically unchecking that disable box will solve your problems - it is in the control panel.