A&P Windows Users need some advice

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by OlafBeserka, Jul 14, 2008.

1. OlafBeserka

OlafBeserka girls pee pee when they see me OT Supporter

Im going to be installing Vista tonight and Im just wondering if I should go with 32bit or 64bit. Currently I am only running 2gb of ram, but prices are so cheap I was considering getting another 2gb. I know vista will not read all 4gb in 32bit, but will in 64bit.

What I am worried about are programs and drivers. I know early on there wasnt too much support for 64bit. It has been a while now so I am sure things have changed. I just want to make sure I get the best performance. What should I run?

Reason I am changing over to vista is because I am doing a reformat of my computer. I do play a few games so i guess dx10 would be pretty nice.

2. kristin

kristin my dog > *

I have a laptop with Vista 64-bit and one with XP 64-bit.. I really haven't had any problems with Vista drivers other than for programs that are old and dated and just haven't been updated yet; my TI calculator programs for example. Other than that, everything seemed to work well for the most part..

I do notice, however, that Photoshop and Bridge seem to work quite a bit faster on my XP machine vs. my Vista machine, even though the XP machine has only 1gb of memory and the Vista has 4gb. :dunno:

All in all, you shouldn't have too many driver issues with Vista, but performance wise you might be able to get more out of it if you stick with XP :hs: