windows\system32\config\system Corrupt or Missing

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by OzoneGTX, Dec 13, 2005.

1. OzoneGTX

OzoneGTX New Member

My electricity was acting up last night and my computer kept shutting on and off. After the 5th time it happened, i tried to start Windows and got a message saying that windows\system32\config\system was corrupt or missing. I've looked online and read that I should use a Windows CD to recover this file.

I use one from my other computer and got to the setup. All was going well until it asked for some drivers and asked me to point it to where the files were located. I hit cancel because I didn't know what drivers it needed or where to find them, but then my mouse and keyboard quit working. Then I got a prompt to set the reigon and keyboars settings. I couldn't click NEXT because the mouse didn't work and i couldn't hit TAB until i highlighted it because of the keyboard.

Not to mention I think something going to go wrong because I used the OS CD from my HP laptop (service pack 2) and my desktop has/had SP1. And I'm not sure if my files will be there when I get it fixed, though the site I got the advice from said they would be there, despite all the prompts making it look like a clean install.

What can I do? I'm not very informed on this stuff, so try to keep it simple.

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

3. chips

chips ...

Possably a bad hard drive