Windows problem (don't want to lose MP3s)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Robb, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Robb

Robb Guest

My Windows ME is giving me all types of problems. I have about 1000 mp3s that I have on the computer. I need to use the system recovery disk to get it back to original running condition, but I will lose my MP3s. I have a CD burner and that program is not working right so I can burn them and load them later. The burning program is on the system recovery disk. What should I do. Does anyone have a burning program that I can download and use until I get my situation fixed. I am in the middle of trying to build a new computer that does not have ME. Please Help
  2. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

May 6, 2000
    Connect the hard disk to a working machine and use its burner.

SEPHROTH64 Guest

or if u can network ur computer to a different one just transfer the music over to it and then transfer them back after u image, pm me if u have another computer and need help connecting them
  4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Jun 6, 2003
    I have personally never had much luck with them, but if you search around, you should be able to find a DOS CD burning app considering you are able to get access to your files with a boot disk.

But I do agree with the above... Find a friend or another machine with a burner that you can plug your hard drive into to get the files off.