Windows off the screen

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by WebWorks, Jul 18, 2006.

1. WebWorks

WebWorks New Member

When I have a program opened and it is minimized, the window is off the screen. I have to maximize it to restore it to cover up my full desktop in order for me to see it. It only happens to some programs, anyone have any idea how I can drag it back to my desktop? I tried right clicking the icon and clicking 'move', but it won't let me drag the window back. :ugh: Any help on how I can fix this?

2. 7960

7960 New Member

if you can right-click and choose move, do that and try moving it with the arrow keys.

3. WebWorks

WebWorks New Member

genius!!:bigthumb: Thanks for your help.

I have another question for a friend. He is trying to fragment his comp., but everytime it finishes it says the files can not be fragmented. Do you happen to know why there is a pop up that might say this?

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

um, you mean DEfragmented?

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Probably because he's got so much stuff on his drive that there's not enough empty space for the defragmenter to shuffle files around. Most people don't notice that fragmentation is a problem until their hard drive gets nearly full.

Tell him to run Disk Cleanup (found by right-clicking on the hard drive and choosing Properties) and tell Disk Cleanup to delete all the garbage it finds BUT DO NOT COMPRESS OLD FILES. Then, if there's still not much space left, have him uninstall some games, or backup some large files onto DVDs and delete them off the hard drive. Once he's gotten the hard drive to where there's abuot 20% free space, the defragmenter should do its job correctly.

Defrag once a month whether you feel like it or not. Don't argue, just do it.

6. WebWorks

WebWorks New Member

haha, thanks a lot guys.