Windows NT 4 Printing Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 01Z71, Mar 13, 2008.

1. 01Z71

01Z71 New Member

I have a Windows NT 4 Server that has 3 XP Machines as Workstations. I have the printer shared and on the server it is LPT1. The Workstations have receipt printers for Point of Sale setup on LPT1.

Whenever I set the workstations up to LPT2 it changes on the server to and then it gives me an error printing. The server will only print on LPT1. What do I need to do or change to make it print? Thanks.

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

The way back machine says you should be printing through a network share, rather than an LPT port. If I remember correctly - it's been over a decade since I used NT.

3. 01Z71

01Z71 New Member

When I run the setup for the printer it sees the network share it just goes to lpt1 as the default. I have tried looking I just can't find anything that will let me change it to enable the printing. I don't know what to do lol

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

So tell the client machines that the network printer is the default instead. It's a right-click option in Printers and Faxes.

Also, a screenshot or two would be helpful, so we can see exactly what you're having trouble with.