Windows NT 4 help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DweeLer, Aug 23, 2006.

1. DweeLer

DweeLer New Member

We have 1 server using Windows NT. We have 4 computers connected to it. They log into the domain on the server and when each one logs into their personal computer, it brings up all their icons on the desktop. Whenever they log into another compueter that isn't theirs, their icons do not show up. Using Windows NT 4, is there a way we can set up the server to save all their desktop icons and etc...? Any help is greatly Appreciated. <3

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I think what you want is called roaming profiles.

3. DweeLer

DweeLer New Member

how much space do you think it would take? There are only 6 GB left on the server itself. 5 users. They use autocad and have a backup hard drive for saving files that everyone uses, already shared. If they were to save a couple of files on the desktop and wanna go to a different computer. How much space on the server hard drive would that take?

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I'm not sure since I have never used it, but I think you can put quotas on the user accounts.

5. DweeLer

DweeLer New Member

do you think that amount would be good, or should they go ahead and try to get some more HD space?

6. chips

chips ...

id say more HD space. It takes most of the users doc and settings folder and stores it on the server