Windows Mobile opinions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Darren, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Darren

Darren DSLR/Photography/Mac Crew

I recently got an HTC Mogul (I use Sprint) and it's a nice phone, but I'm getting fed up with Windows Mobile. Often my typing is delayed, the touchscreen is not sensitive or takes a long time to respond, sometimes menus go crazy, and plus if you run more than one program or browse the internet and switch applications, things get bogged down incredibly quickly. Plus battery life is atrocious. I'm seriously considering switching to a non-Windows device because I'm getting rather annoying with these bugs that I never experienced with other smartphones like my old Blackberry Pearl and 7290 w/T-Mobile. Any suggestions on different phones or ways to speed up my Mogul?

Cliffs: I'm getting annoying with Windows Mobile. Any good alternatives?

2. Willey2cool

Willey2cool New Member

the mogul has a known memory leak, thats why your having problems with it locking up and taking forever. theyre supposed to be releasing a fix for it in the next month or so, also dont forget to close the programs and check your memory usage.

Palm has their own OS that they use and so do the BBs but they dont have as many different programs available for them as windows mobile does.

3. My Dixie Wrecked

My Dixie Wrecked STFU & get the ball!!! OT Supporter

go over to ppcgeeks.com and look around there. you can do some registry editing to improve battery life. also go to start>settings>connections tab> beam and uncheck the box if you don't use beam. that drains your battery.

Every time you use a program and close it, it's still runs in the background. by going to start>settings>system tab>memory>running programs tab, you can see what is running in the background. I use Task Manager 2.0 to close programs I'm not using. you can d/l it here. Its easier and quicker than navgating to the running programs list everytime.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-htc-task-manager-v2-0.html

4. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

Not here to bash WM, but you'd probably be extremely happy with any Blackberry device. I switched to my Pearl from a HTC PPC6700, and i am never going back. BBs do suffer from a memory leak as well, but it doesn't seem to be as serious as you are describing on your WM phone. The fix for the BB is just a simple reset/battery pull once a week or so. There is a new OS coming out that will hopefully fix this problem.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I love my 8130. no reset issues.

6. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

i've got a Motorola Q with windows mobile and it locks up and freezes all the time...have had 3 of this phone and they've all done it...dunno if its the phone or windows though :o