Windows ME Problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mrburner, Jan 26, 2004.

1. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

this is for the girlfriend...windows me is defenitely not my specialty...i've been trying to get her to upgrade for awhile, convinced her parents on their computer but not her yet

anyways...she just told me that it basically won't let her open anything up except for netscape and aim...she clicks on my computer, nothing happens, control panel, nothing happens etc.

she tried using the antivirus program that she has but it is outdated and the subscription is out

so i tried to get her to download a free antivirus we have at our school website and download adaware but when both of them are finished and she clicks on them to set them up, nothing happens

she said she used to get some explorer error awhile back something about NVDLL but she wasn't sure exactly

i'm trying right now to get some sort of antivirus on her computer but nothing will really run...i work IT but have never encountered a problem where the only things that will run is netscape, norton, and aim...it is norton 2000

she tried rebooting...i'm having her shut down her computer and leave it off for a few minutes because i know it is a pretty bad solution, but it has worked for me on multiple occasions where just rebooting didn't work

so any info on this problem would be appreciated...i searched google and microsoft help sites but couldn't find anything on the NVDLL error she was talking about

if you need any more info, let me know

2. aphoric

aphoric Even if god did exist, it would be necessary to ab

not much help, but ME is the worst OS ever produced by MS...

3. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

nevermind, fixed it for her...but if any of you are interested in helping me out A LOT, you can checkout my other thread about my video decoders not working :big grin: