windows alerter..other shit

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by registerer, Aug 8, 2006.

1. registerer

registerer New Member

so i bought this computer like 3 years ago off ebay, its pretty awesome, amd athlon and shit, but the faggot i bought it from gave me a pirated copy of XP to go with it... so anyways ive been using this thing for 3 years, and just recently when i moved i plugged it in and all of a sudden im getting microsoft alerter (i think) messages saying i have a shitload of corrupt files and that i need to run the chkdsk utility. ive run the chkdsk utility, and it freezes at like stage two, and i cant reboot and go into safe mode now, it just freezes when i try(this is another problem that started at the same time as the alerter problem.).

im pretty sure MS sp2 solved this problem, but of cournse i bought a computer from a supposed legitimate retailer on ebay and i got a gay ass pirated version of xp on a cdr and now i cant download sp2 at all.

any help or should i throw this piece of trash computer away?

if i do that, how do i transfer my media files and not end up with any virus' i currently have?

any help is greatly appreciated, ive been trying to do this by myself for about a month and im having no luck, and the problemn is only getting worse.

thanks OT computer GODS :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

2. Schproda

Schproda New Member

Turn him in and get a discount on XP.

3. registerer

registerer New Member

id probably get in trouble for using a pirated copy and attempting to dl sp2 though ?

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Not if you didn't know it was pirated when you bought it -- which, if your story is true, you didn't know. Microsoft will be more concerned with pounding that guy's ass for pirating than with scolding you for buying pirated stuff.