windows 7 on notebooks?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by psyclone, Mar 9, 2009.

1. psyclone

psyclone o_O

I have heard good things about windows 7 beta (build 7000) running on notebooks. Increased battery life for one. Anyone actually using it? Any comments on stability? I have been using it on a pc and after 3 BSODs in the past 2 weeks im a bit hesitant about replacing vista home premium on my new laptop that turns up in a few days. Might wait for RC1

2. Cock Diesel

Cock Diesel New Member

My laptop stays on AC power these days, but 7 runs much faster than Vista ever did on it. :hsd:

It's very stable -- there might have been ONE BSOD in the month and a half or so I've had it.

3. Doomsday

Doomsday XXX

if you want to rely on a beta OS,... sure why not

4. GreenBeans

GreenBeans Guest

I've been using 7000 as my main os on my notebook and it's been great, grab 7048 if you can

5. psyclone

psyclone o_O

Grabbing 7048 now :) Its downloading at 5k/s though :wtc:

My new studio xps 16 turns up on monday so fingers crossed its finished by then! anyone else managed to install 7048 yet?

6. Chris

Chris New Member

MS will release an RC soon, Im just gonna stay legit with 7000

7. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Wait until Beta 2 at least.

8. TheRooTy

TheRooTy New Member

I haven't heard much about notebooks except from what you guys are saying but I knew a few people who are trying it out, and compared to vista it's compatbility with programs is a lot better, not needing all the time to run things in certain conditions or anything.

9. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

I run it on my MBP without any problems. Runs faster than vista, seems alright.

10. psyclone

psyclone o_O

It was this link i was referring to. Seems a bit all over the place but 7048 is ahead.

I will have to wait another month for windows 7 RC1 to come out. I will have to do a fresh install when i get my notebook to get rid of all the bloatware anyway - so im keen to try 7048. Its been downloading now for about 4 days and is only up to 32%. If its not down by monday i will just install vista home premium and wait till later on. bullshit speeds on public trackers...

11. psyclone

psyclone o_O

42% and counting... vista home premium it is!

12. Cock Diesel

Cock Diesel New Member

I'll wait for the beta. 7000 is pretty good as it is and I don't feel like scrounging for the HD space to put another disk image on. :|

13. psyclone

psyclone o_O

Well i gave up and got a 3 day subscription to rapidshare to get it. 7048 x64 finished yesterday. The expected date of delivery of my notebook on the dell tracking site was yesterday. Still hasnt turned up yet today either. Getting very impatient... I can guarantee its sitting in some depot waiting for a few more orders in my area to build up before they drop it off. I got in touch with dell who are going to get he courier companies details and email them to me so i can chase them up/pick it up myself