window tinting, and claybar questions

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by victimizati0n, May 11, 2006.

1. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

Im thinking of getting my windows tinted... but im not sure what to get.

Here in PA, the tint laws are 70%... but usually cops wolnt pull you over unless your tint is like limo.

Anyways, i want mainly a tint where it is kinda hard to see inside during the day, and at night, the person cant tell who you are if they looked at your car.

I want it light enough to where if you got up close you could see inside the car (which is like a cop test, if they cant see inside at all, their gona yell at you)

Would 20% be like im describing? Also, i got quoted at $220 for tinting my windows (I drive a camaro, so i only have 3 windows to be tinted).... what about hte back glass? Everyone is telling me to get it done in 1 piece, and my friend says it is impossible, and it will have to be dont in either 2 or 3 pieces... what gives?

Also, i was thinking of clay-baring my car. What is the best brand to use? My car is silver, so will it really make that much of a difference? My car always seems to have a nice shine, and you cant see swirle marks because of the color.

Oh well, i guess im done now... thanks

2. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

oh yea, i forgot, there is a scratch down my car, and the fingernail test says that it isnt in the paint (I cant feel any bumps when i run my fingernail over it) But i have tried many things to get it out (wax, compound, ect) and nothing seems to work... will clay help with this?

3. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

anybody ?

4. wangatang

wangatang backing it in your mom

dunno about the tint, but clay only removes surface contaminants. claying your car would be a good step to do anyway, especially if it hasn't been done in several months. I would try a more agressive polish, and if possible use a PC or even a rotary

5. 87Z

87Z OT Supporter

when i had my z28 my back window tint was 1 piece

6. dbman96

dbman96 Active Member

I've got 5% in the back of my WRX wagon and 20% in the front.

Honestly I'm just WAITING to be called on it. It's darker than I expected; you need to be pretty close and in strong light to see clearly into the front. I mean, you can tell there's a PERSON in there, but it's definitely enough to piss off a cop in a bad mood or one who's already found one reason to pull you over. I drive in town with my windows down most of the time though, so I've been OK for the 2 months I've had it done.

7. seismic

seismic New Member

I've got 20% on my windows and you can't see through them unless light is shining through my windshield.

8. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

Thanks everyone