Window Seal Problems - 2009 Jetta

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by rsxm5, Feb 8, 2009.

1. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

I just got a 2009 Jetta TDI, and I have some wind noise coming in from the driver's side front window. I've played with the seal a bit, and it seems that the noise is coming from the seal that the window goes up into. The noise is coming from some gap in between the painted frame, and the seal itself. Is there some sort of glue or sealant I can put in between the frame and the seal to fix this? I've taken it to the dealer several times now, and the story is that they cannot hear the noise. They replaced the window seal, and the noise has actually gotten worse. Any ideas?

2. dr.zed

dr.zed DR.ZED OT Supporter

Me too! Just picked up my 09 Highline TDI two weeks ago.

I'll add it to a list of small things to check into.

BTW, do you hear a high pitch whine from the engine compartment when you shutdown?

3. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

Yeah, I noticed that too... I've driven a couple other TDIs and noticed the same thing, so I don't know that it's a huge deal... also my friend's BMW 135i has a very similar noise. I took it to a different dealer, and they are replacing the window seal again - it will actually be the fourth one on the car since new :rofl: That and the chrome trim on my drivers door by the window is crooked, so they are replacing that too.

4. dr.zed

I've found out now the noise is the EGR valve repositioning itself. Its a complex system that manipulates exhaust backpressure with valves to redirect the flow when needed.

5. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

Well, good... glad to hear it isn't another problem with my car! I'm taking mine in tomorrow morning to have the window seal replaced again... I'll let you know what happens :hs:

6. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

So it turns out that my door was removed and repainted BEFORE I took possession of my car when I purchased it new, which is why the seal and chrome trim were jacked up (when they weren't installed properly). They replaced one of the seals, and its quieter, but still exists.

I'm at the point where I've given up on this car... I've filed claims with the dealership, VWoA, and the BBB Auto Line demanding they take the car back. I've added it up, and it's been in the shop longer in the last month, than my Lexus has been in the shop in the 6 years I've owned it.

7. dr.zed

That is completely ghey.

Hope it gets better for you.

8. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Welcome to volkswagens bro :mamoru:

9. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

Oh, to make things even better, turns out they repainted the entire left side of the car... outstanding

10. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

keke same thing happened when my parents bought an 04 mercury....looked brand new, drove brand new. now its slowly......actually QUICKLY going down the shitter

you need a magnifying glass when buying a new car, cuz dealerships are scam artists, they dont care as long as they sell it

11. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

Yeah, it's pretty shitty... but oh well... hopefully it will get resolved eventually.

12. RunninWild

RunninWild How subtle of you

I hear it's because VW in USA and VW in Germany are completely diff. Mexicans build american VWs right? That would explain it.