Window problems...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Angry Ed, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Angry Ed

Angry Ed Active Member

I have something translucent on my windows in the shape of dried water droplets... I've tried Eagle 20/20 cleaner as well as straight white vinegar and it just temporarily makes the "stains" opaque, then as they dry they turn back to translucent... they are on all 4 windows.. any idea what they might be or how I might get them off?

2. 426Hemi

426Hemi Guest

Try #0000 steel wool.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

A razorblade could work too, if it's something that's ON the window, not just a stain.

4. milani

milani "The best activities for your health are pumping a

Also, while washing your car with a high lubricity car wash, run your clay bar over the windows. Clay works well in loosening/removing particles of crap off the windows. AIO, as weird as it sounds, also removes water spots.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Once you remove them (all the suggestions are good), make sure you keep your car away from lawn sprinklers because 9 times out of 10, that is what is causing the problem.

6. Angry Ed

Angry Ed Active Member

Ok I spent all morning working on them, tried Eagle 20/20, windex, vinegar, alcohol, claybar, fingernail, razor blade, steel wool, and rubbing REALLY hard with microfiber and water... they are still there.. they look like water stains, but shouldn't everyhting I did clear them up if they were? This is going to drive me nuts.

7. Angry Ed

Angry Ed Active Member

If it means anyhting, when I use liquid cleaners on it, the areas that are "stianed" get darker, while the rest of the window remains the same, then as they dry they get lighter.

8. bmf

bmf Guest

I wonder if its etching from acid rain. Do you have a magnifying glass or loupe to see the spots up close? Sounds like everything you used should have taken care of surface deposits like hard water stains. So its prolly subsurface damage you're seeing. Hard to say for sure without seeing it up close and in person.

9. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If it is acid rain etching like bmf said, you are SOL.