GUN Winchester story on ABC WORLD NEWS TONIGHT..... put it on

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

It's going to be on towards the end of the program, put it on.

2. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

keep me informed, i'll be looking for it on the net in text

3. Accord

Accord New Member

"People would rather buy ASSAULT RIFLES now"

Then they panned a table of AR-15's :rofl:.

4. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

yea youll always get that stupid fuckin media agenda in stories that deal w/ guns.
    ive never had a desire to buy a levergun before, but after watchin that story i may put it on my wishlist....way on the bottom....hey at least its on my list right?
    next thing you know the USA made winchesters will be sought after like older "non MIM" 1911's or any other gun people want these days cuz "they dont make em like that anymore"
    somethin kinda messed up about an american icon of a firearm being made by belgium.

5. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

The current 94s and other Winchesters will probably never be extensively sought after, they're extremely common, plus they're nothing special, but the Pre-64's are an entirely different story. Quality has been going downhill for years, and that's one of the main reasons Winchester is going down the tubes. And I don't mind an "american icon" being made in Belgium if the quality turns out better than the current run of crap coming out of most American arms manufacturers.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  6. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

am i dissapopinted that this is happening, but am i surprised, no, american corperations want to make money, and therefore will find anyway to cut prices (sheaper materials, workers, tools, etc) which turns out a crappy product which is what happened to Winchester

crappy products = no sales = budget cuts = crappier products = business folds

dissapointing but it was coming

7. Accord

Accord New Member

SA is kind of doing the same thing, except they have fancy marketing.

8. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

yeah they are, unfortunatly i'm not as big of gun nut as alot of you are so i have to go off of what i read alot of the time (pretty obvious some times) so i havent had the pleasure to handle alot of the guns you guys have, but it seems like SA really went downhill once it decided to offer m14's that were forged instead of milled, killed the quality of it

ruger seems to be swaying that way a bit too, but then again they have their own little nitch of cheaper firearms too