GUN Winchester 92, Cowboy guns need help.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Oct 7, 2006.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Can anyone give me info on where I can get one. Looking replica assuming its cheaper. Also what caliber would be the cheapest and best to pratice with at the range? Right now I have a Winchester 94 30-30 and its running me 12 bucks for 20 shots. Will it be any better for carbine ammo? Any info on these guns would be helpful, I really dont know to much about them.

2. Gai

Gai New Member

You have a 94 already? You have one of the finest guns ever made, in a great caliber. Just find cheaper ammo.

3. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

or take up reloading.
    If you wanted a pistol caliber, either Marlin or Winchester can be found in 44mag or 357.

The Winchesters and Marlins are some of the best rifles for hunting made. I am looking right now at a Marlin in 45-70 to get back into deer hunting with. (would go 30-30 but found a hell of a deal on a used stainless bush model) :)

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Yeah I have a pre 64 too :) I know they are great guns and I love lever action. I am looking to get another lever action for target pratice though because this is the gun my dad got from his dad and he gave to me, so I dont want to wear this gun out with everyday target pratice. I am kinda thinking about .22 winchester but .22's weak, I like something with a little kick.

5. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I want to get a Marlin .357 lever action sometime soon. I saw one for $380 at Sportsman's Warehouse.

6. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

just buy a 9422

7. BradUF

BradUF Guest

The .22? Thats got no kick.

8. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

I bought my g/f a Winchester .22 mag with a Leupold 4 power for her graduation present. It's gorgeous. She's already killed a few armadillos with it.

9. Gai

Gai New Member

Cool gift. :)

10. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap Winchester .22 from? The website has them for like 435.00.