MMA Will Tito job to Forrest?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by billzabub, Apr 11, 2006.

1. billzabub

billzabub OT Supporter

I just kind of have an uneasy feeling about the way UFC is shoving the TUF cast dow our throats and trying to catapult them to the top of the industry. The organization seemingly has chosen it's candidates for stardom (ie. Bonnar, Griffin, Leben) and is making a push behind them that will undoubtedly help bring in a larger mainstream following. Growing the sport and marketing it wisely should only open many more doors for MMA in the long run, but at what cost?

Now, the reasons I bring up Tito and Forrest:
    *Tito's past contract dispute with UFC is no secret. All of a sudden he is back in the limelight and a frontman for the organization.
    * Bonnar's controversial decision over fellow TUF'er Jardine created a buzz about a UFC push for the Xience crew.

Has Tito been brought back (with a nice paycheck) to help put Forrest over (a work) and try to lend some credibility to the push that he has been given... or... am I just bored and grasping? ...lol

thoughts...

2. itslackers

itslackers New Member

I am pretty sure that Tito is gonna beat the crap out of Forrest, that being said if its a work (or bullshit judging) I could easily see a bad decision going against Tito.

Tito should be able to GNP for the win - hopefully not too much laying and praying.

3. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I don't see the judges favouring Forrest as I believe they are trying to build up Tito with the new audience.

I also think that if Forrest loses it sets up nicely for Griffin/Bonnar II as well.

4. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I disagree :hs:

I can definately see the judges favouring Forrest if anybody and it would be much better for Forrest to win if there were to be a Griffin Bonnar 2 especially with Bonnar coming off of a *cough* bullshit *cough* win.

5. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure now

6. Well, the UFC has nothing to do with the Nevada judges. Bonnar's aggressiveness made it appear that he was winning. They're also not afraid to put their TUF fighters up against good opponents. Leben vs Cote, Koscheck vs Fickett, Diego vs Diaz, Quarry vs Franklin, and Kenflo has always had tough opponents.

I think the this one's called REALITY CHECK for a reason and that is to give TITO credit for beating Forrest. He was once a star and huge draw for them and they want him to be a star once again.

7. Sammo

Sammo New Member

They aren't supposed to, but people frequently speculate that the UFC does things to influence them :dunno:

8. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

:dunno: can you buy off boxing commissions?

9. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Do you really think that? That's like saying that corporations don't have any influence on the politicians. Money talks.

10. I'm an optimist :p

There has been a few fights that didn't go the way they probably wanted it to go, such as..

Neer over Stevenson, GSP over Penn, Lindland over Doerkson

Fights rarely go to decision compared to boxing so paying off judges would be a waste of money when they can just pay a fighter to take a dive.

11. There just hasn't been any clearcut evidence of that. We don't see bad decisions in very lopsided fights.

12. billzabub

billzabub OT Supporter

...and that's what I was getting at... HAS Tito been brought back to UFC and paid take a dive for Forrest's advancement? ...after all, didn't Tito just have that short stint on TNA wrestling? :squint: lol

13. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

i doubt it...i also think it's obvious they are trying to build up tito...he's the coach of TUF...and they want him to rematch chuck

14. that would be a rather expensive work. it's way too much money. forrest has a chance anyway only because tito has not fought in over a year. which is why i brought up BJ Penn too. no way would they have paid money to bring him back only to have him lose. they figured he'd win but unfortunately he didn't.

15. f3rg

f3rg New Member

Interesting topic....
    Should be a good fight, hopefully

16. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I think that you need to understand the mentality of most fighters. Most of them are as far as they are because they truly believe that they can make a name for themselves by winning matches and end up becoming one of the best or win the belt. There are few fighters that have made it to the UFC level that are in it for the money. It's just not there and this isn't the WWE. If someone is paid to take a dive or there is even suspicion people are all over it ala cung le.

Fights go to decision enough to where Dana and friends can atleast definately have a major influence on the decision if they feel the need to. Business is crooked and, like I said, money talks and they have a lot of it. Look at the last event, Fight Night, for several obvious examples (bonnar being the most obvious.)

17. Placebo

Placebo New Member

You really think that Tito would be willing to do that. You think that he would take a little money to take dive, hurt his ego, and let some nobody in his eyes beat him in front of everybody.

Maybe some people would be willing to do that for a payoff, but definately not Tito and definately not under these circumstances.

18. Placebo

Placebo New Member

You guys are thinking way to deep into this. BJ is a rich motherfucker. Stop giving into these conspiracies about paying off fighters to take a dive. He is even less likely than tito to EVER do that. He fights to beat people's asses in front of everyone and that is all he wants to do.

19. billzabub

billzabub OT Supporter

I agree with you 100% about Tito's pride/ego... however, I thought it might spawn an interesting discussion ;)

20. Huh? You're the one who is suspicious, not me. :rofl:

21. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

22. Placebo

Placebo New Member

You guys are giving into this shit about bj "rich as a motherfucker" penn and tito "my ego is as big as my head" ortiz being payed to take a dive to people that they don't respect when neither of them are in need of money. I said that dana and zuffa are likely influencing the judges decisions in one way or another.

You make the call. I'm working off of what is considered common sense to most, especially those with some sense of how business works, and you are working off of.... i have no idea what you are working off of.

23. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Next someone is gonna come in here saying that frank shamrock got payed off at one point or another :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

24. Degenerate

Degenerate Optimus Riem! OT Supporter

lol I love the terminology.

I would love to see Tito job to Forrest this coming Saturday. Now will this be a work or a shoot?

25. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

it's just fine to the UFC if a TUF star loses (or even loses badly) to another star (see Franklin v. Quarry), honestly i think the ufc hopes tito wins because...

if Tito wins...
    bigger PPV audience for Tito v. Shamrock
    and if tito wins that...

even Bigger, possibly RECORD SETTING audience for Tito v. Chuck...

i can actually already picture it, UFC 75 tito versus Chuck at the los angeles coliseum, held in the afternoon in an open-air arena just like in the era of the gladiators :mamoru: