Will this ram work?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by i be bent, Feb 5, 2005.

1. i be bent

i be bent New Member

I got a new iBook G4 for christmas, and I was looking to max the ram out with a gig stick. I know that crucial is what apple reccomends, but their prices are extremely high especially for the 1gb. After looking around at a few other forums I have read of people using this ram http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4158153 with success. Some of the posts say that this ram will work in iBook but most of the reviews that I saw are all by powerbook users. I was wondering would this ram work in my iBook or not. I really need some more ram ASAP, and don't want to have to shell out $300+ for a stick from Crucial. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

2. inamorata

inamorata New Member

try froogle.com

i can almost promise you can find 1gig of ram for like 125

3. i be bent

i be bent New Member

but would this ram be compatible with my iBook?

4. Snotfist

Snotfist I am the Urban Cowboy.

One thing to always remember with Mac computers is that they are very PICKY when it comes to RAM. The wrong RAM will cause the computer to kernal panic and junk. I have a friend that put two different sticks into her iBook and they both cased issues before she put the money out for Crucial RAM and it stopped the issue.

Apple puts crucial ram into their computer, only they test it out and plop their name down on it.