Will stock battery power my system AND my car?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mr_belvedere, Dec 3, 2002.

1. mr_belvedere

mr_belvedere Guest

Hi.

I have a 1995 4-door Metro LSI. I don't know how many amps the battery puts out but I'm sure its not a lot.

I just bought a Tempest 15" w/ a Sub Zero 2.5 ft. sealed box and I'm planning on buying a JBL 600.1 amplifier. I was wondering if my car will be able to power it effieciently. The 600.1 is a Class D and I bought it because I figured it's more effiecient than a "regular" amp and it wouldn't suck as much power from my car. I don't really have a whole lot of money so I'm hoping this will work out fine. Haven't got the amp yet so I can't hook it up. If you need to know my CD player is a Pioneer DEH P6000 (I didn't think u needed that info but wanted to be safe). Thanks =0)

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

proaby the metros power system sucks but it should be ok

3. 04

04 Guest

you shouldnt have any problems....

4. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

how about w/ a 1200 watt amp?

5. mr_belvedere

mr_belvedere Guest

I'm not getting a 15" to put a million watts in it and be ghetto. I wanted it for the low end. I got the Tempest because it's not really an SPL sub. If I wanted a 1200 watt 15" I would have bought a Brahma (sp?). Anyways, back in high school I was all about having a system that made my eyes water when the 12's in the bandpass hit. My music tastes have changed since then and I listen to more elctronic stuff like drum n bass than I do rap. I just can't wait to get my amp and hook this shizz up. Oh yeah.. fuse recommendations? I had a 60-amp fuse when I had my two 12's. Should I just buy a 60-amp again. What guage wiring 8 or 4?

If someone could help me that would be cool:wavey:

6. terminator1010

terminator1010 Eld

Definetly use 4 guage wire. As for the fuse, check your amps usermanual to see how much amps it draws and pick accordingly.