will running trim/cut me down a little?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by tommyortom, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

ok..im not obese or built or anything....im like 5-7 and 160 lbs...im kinda broad around the shoulders. abs are nothing really..i have like a four pac haha...kinda a line hor and ver across...thats it. and i have pretty damn big thighs and calves from playing hockey, smiwwing and biking almost everyday from when i was around 6-7 until i was 16. (im only 18 now)

im not looking to turn into a muscle head or mod my diet drasticall, but i want to loose a little fat around my waste and around my chest/pecs, basically just tone up. i wear a mens med shirt now fine, but my pecs "sag" a little, even though i have no definitive man boobs haha.

so will just running a mile or two a day, up until summer change my shape at all?

diet wise, i eat "OK"
    i stay away from candys, junkfood, fast food and pop. about 2 months ago, i really tried to lower my fast food and pop intake, and i lost 10 pounds in about a month and a half! no physical appearance change though.

so basically, with an "OK" diet, will running a mile or two a few days out of the week drop some fat off of my body?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  2. Pork Chop Sandwiches

Pork Chop Sandwiches Extraordinary Member

Running will help, but you have to run hard in order for even the slightest body change to happen. Run three miles if you can, and try to run them in less than 25 minutes.

You don't have to drastically change your diet in order to lose pounds. Just cut food between meals and stop eating at 8pm.

3. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

HIIT is the best way to lose fat cardio-wise methinks.

4. UncleJohn

UncleJohn "That guy"

running 2 miles a day for the next 6 months WILL make a noticible difference, but just clean up your eating and doing the running will make a noticable difference in alot less time

5. 0wn3d_productivity

0wn3d_productivity OT Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.