LGBT Will it work?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Macbeth, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Macbeth

Macbeth That's illogical... OT Supporter

Title somewhat related.

I am in a relationship with a 24 year old guy, and I'm 19. He's looking for that one he will spend the rest of his life with, and he's worried that I haven't gone through the motions of dating and experiencing relationships enough to know what I want. This concern is starting to effect me, and now I'm worried.

I feel like I only need that one person in my life. Do I really need to date around and experience everything in order to find that perfect one? Maybe it's a question only I can answer, but still... I would like some advice. :hs:

2. philvia

philvia SUCKIN ON MY TITTIES LIKE YOU WANTIN ME CALLIN ME

i just turned 20 and i'm in a relationship with a 24 y/o. he told me he was looking for a long term relationship and i thought it was great cause that's what i wanted as well. it seems to me most people have a "quota" to meet before they get serious or at least they think of it that way. i dont feel like i have to go through different boyfriends to get the "experience" of it or to satisfy my lust. for me, if the right person is my first, then i have no problem being with them forever.

ps. seems like the more time that goes by, the less truthful he was when he told me he wanted LT relationship :wtc:

3. DouggieJ

DouggieJ OT Supporter

I doubt many gay relationships between guys as young as you two (yes he's young too) end up being "'till death to us part".

What's the rush, why are you so concerned about it? Is he saying, let's go to a gay-marriage state, get hitched, and buy a house with a white picket fence in the suburbs together now or he'll leave you?

4. Macbeth

Macbeth That's illogical... OT Supporter

No, but once I finish up the year we have a plan to move in together, and once I finish school we plan to move out of the state. He's already said he thinks ahead too far, but still... I don't want him to think that I missed out on this dating experience, and that once I hit 21 and start getting hit on in bars that my whole life is going to be one huge regret.

5. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

he's 24 and saying that about you?

if i were you, i'd let go of expectation and enjoy things one day at a time.

6. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Now see this is where I don't fit into the gay scene. I think it is possible to find a man to spend the rest of my life with, and I met him about omg almost 4 years ago. He's younger then me, and I have never dated anyone (boys or girls) younger then me, thankfully 99% of the time he's very mature and seems to act older then I do. We're such opposites in everything I'm fat, he's buff, he's rich, I'm not, etc. At least we both love living in the country and love George Strait!! :bowdown: I hope it will last many years however if it doesn't it doesn't. Yes I will be sad as hell but I will get over him and move on. I hate to admit it however lately I have kinda been checking out dating sites to see if the grass would be greener on the other side :o

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  7. Josey

Josey New Member

I truly hate to say this cause I'm such a romantic at heart, but I give you're relationship about a .005648354% chance of lasting....sorry bud.

8. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

agreed.

It's not worth worrying about. You should learn to enjoy somebody in the moment before worrying.