A&P Will I need a setup of all new PocketWizards to take advantage of new functions?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ok_computer, Aug 29, 2009.

1. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

Hey brahs,

re: the new pocket wizard tt1 and tt5's.. will I need a transmitter, and a receiver for my lights? Or will I just need a transmitter, and I can keep my Plus II's on the lights?

Basically, all I care about is the fact that it increases my sync speed, so will I get a faster sync speed just my using the transmitter or do I need a whole new system?

2. mojito

mojito New Member

hmm, don't know. They do work together, but don't know if the old ones can do the higher sync speed.

I'd also get the tt5 as a transmitter, better range and no dealing with watch batteries

3. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

Yeah I'll have the TT5 for sure, I just don't know if I need to buy 1 or 6 :wtc:

4. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

I would assume you just use the TT5. Its the one that you actually have to program. I dont know for sure though. Sorry.

5. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

You will need the tt5 in order to take advantage of the tt1's functions. However, the other recievers will still fire if you're usng a tt1 transmitter, but they will act just like they do now.

6. mojito

mojito New Member