WILL high-end Samsung phones EVER COME TO US?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PaPaFresh, Sep 30, 2005.

1. PaPaFresh

PaPaFresh New Member

In 3Q, samsung released DMB(Digital Multimedia Broadcasting) phones which u can receive TV signals from satelite and watch TV on it. All the new phones have 128 polyphonic channel sounds, Silver Nano coating(anti-bacterial), 262k TFT LCD color screen, some with 16.1 million color LCD screens. I understand some parts of US already have CDMA2000 ev-do1x, but we never get any high end phones in US.
    it's always 1 or 2 years behind.
    I really wanna get my hands on one of those 16mil LCD and 128 poly channel phones.
    anyone know when we'll be gettin them?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Compare the area size of Japan with the area size of the US. Then consider that the number of people per square mile in Japan is much higher then in the US. If they are going to send a broadcast signal in Japan, they will hit a much larger number of customers and need less numbers of signal outputs then they would need in the US. So launching new technology is easier to do over there. Not only that but the technolgy is easier to test over there and if the general public likes it and it works well, then the companies can justify investing money in bringing that stuff worldwide.

It's called smart business.

3. PaPaFresh

PaPaFresh New Member

first of all, Samsung is a Korean company not japan
    and I dun CARE if they don't bring DMB phones
    I just want better phone than those POS we have in America
    WHY CAN'T WE JUST HAVE BETTER DISPLAY AND BETTER SOUND CELLPHONES

4. pokai510

pokai510 New Member

We do, You just gotta goto a asian cell phone store... hell they even give you some of the dope phones for free or like over half off.

5. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

and as long as its an unlocked GSM phone you can run it on att wireless/cingular/tmobile!

6. Vagabond

Vagabond Nope. OT Supporter

Here's another reason - In korea, when people sign up for cell service they don't get subsidized on the cost of the phone by the contract (No $150 off with a 2 year contract, etc) These high-end phones you want and hugely expensive, but in Korea they don't care. They pay full price when they signup, they can't renew a contract to get a price cheeper, they go though cell phones very fast.

In america, we want everything cheeper and with incentives. Makes us alot less appealing for the companys to give us the very best of what's out there, as they'd sell a lower volume per person than in many asian countries.

7. PaPaFresh

PaPaFresh New Member

I DON'T CARE IF SAMSUNG LOSES MONEY
    I WANT THOSE GOD DAMN PHONES
    BRING IT OVER ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGg

8. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

As I'm sure you are saying, it is at the carrier's discretion what phones they want to carry. People bitch enough if they have to spend $150 on a GREAT phone, what makes anyone think that multiple $3,4,500 phones will be hot sellers? The RAZR was a fad, but most Americans want the free phone because they automatically assume that they deserve it.

9. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

If its a GSM phone, then you can just buy them and pop in your own sim.

However, its also a problem with our network. We don't have high speed internet everywhere yet, Verizon is the closest to doing nationwide, but from what I read, they still have major problems with sustaining those speeds without reverting back to teh slower 1x. Sprint is on their heels, as is Cingular.

10. PaPaFresh

PaPaFresh New Member

they'll fix that problem soon rite?

11. ecofire

ecofire Member

Why waste money on some piece of crap television phone with a bazillion color screen. All it needs is an outside Caller ID display. The more garbage you put on those things, the more there is to go wrong them. Plus I got one of what was Samsungs higher end phones in the US at the time and I put it in my pocket and the outside display got destroyed like when you push on a calculater screen. The simpler they are, the better.

12. PaPaFresh

PaPaFresh New Member

That's just ur near sighted opinion my man
    and you say you got one of high end phones
    what is it? like 64 poly and 65k color screen?
    You put it in your pocket and it magically got destroyed?
    I used many Samsung phones in the previous and they prove to be very durable. not INDESTRUCTIBLE but one of the most durable phone in the market, plus they have the best AS, which they'll fix for free for a year.
    Tv ain't no crap, with LCD screen like them it's much better resolution than ur TV at home. DMB business is alredy a multi billion dollar business, and you will find it soon in US. I hope you spend 50 dollar on a phone with caller display even than.

13. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

I'm assuming you have a CDMA network.
    Just switch to GSM and you can guy all those bad ass phones. I saw some really cool ones over in Asia.
    But I live in Omaha Nebraska. Sprint is BY FAR the best provider in this area. So Im pretty much stuck having a CDMA phone. Just stop looking at advertisements for phones. Be happy with what you got.