will final cut studio run on a macbook

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by º¿º, Sep 10, 2007.

1. º¿º

º¿º OT Supporter

the details on oink say an integrated graphics card will not run the program... can anyone vouche for this?

i need a program to create a gif from a movie file and final cut seems like it would be the best bet :dunno:

2. i've heard different things. for one thing, fcp has a bunch of features that the macbook pro won't handle such as multi-cam editing, the cinema tools, etc. final cut express HD will work on your macbook though. it doesn't include the multi-cam editing and cinema tools and has a weaker timeline, but i don't think you'll be using those features anyway if you're editing on a macbook. plus fcpHD can capture and edit HD footage too.

but if you're really set on using fcp, try installing it and using just the basic functions. chances are it'll crash if you try to use the more advanced features. i know that there are other features on fcp that the macbook can't handle. just can't really remember right now.

3. if you want to make a gif file from a movie, you can also use after effects. or just save each frame you need and import them into imovie as a sequence :dunno:

4. º¿º

º¿º OT Supporter

ill have to check out after effects. thanks

5. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

My inside guy at Apple pro apps sayeth:

I ask:

'Not at all? It won't run, just poorly?'