Wild Arms (playstation) is cool as shit.

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Boomdart, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Wild Arms (playstation) is one of the best games ever.

I don't know how I missed it when it came out, but this game kicks ass.

I'm not very far in the game, just witnessed the ruins festival sabotage and the first of three statues be broken.

I'm hoping for many hours in this game, and I hope the second one is as good as the first, as I got both :o

I'm liking the general snes-rpg feel/sprites and the smooth 3D combat system with pretty much no load times ever. Something about the way the graphics look simply doesn't make the game look extremely dated. Pretty cool story so far, keeps getting more interesting. Good music too, hard to find a great soundtrack on non-square games in that day.

I decided to stop playing The Witcher for a while and play this instead (somewhere around the end of act 2, maybe beginning of 3), keeps my interest more easily. Takes forever to do anything in The Witcher and just not enough fighting, just errand boy quests for the most part.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  2. a-money

a-money OT Supporter

its good, all the rest suck after 1. 2 is the one thats least bad and that shit aint nothin compared to 1

are you playing the original or the ps2 remake

3. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

The original, didn't know there was a ps2 remake.

So #2 isn't very good? Bummer to hear. Any reason why? Perhaps it's just too much of the same thing kind of deal?

4. a-money

a-money OT Supporter

its fucking stupid. the story is so loose and just weak overall. as the series progresses it seems to get worse by game, granted i havent played any of them after 2 but i gotta birdie in the jrpg community that knows the deal

5. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Dang, that sucks to hear. I was wanting to get into the whole series :o I just looked up the remake, don't like it that much... just judging by the pictures the whole feel of the game is ruined with those graphics. Looks like there would probably be load times between everywhere too, and I think that'd change things as well.

I'll give 2 a try at least, gotta get my money's worth.

Whats your opinion on SaGa Frontier? I've had the game for years and years, I find it fun to get pimped out at the junkyard with the infinite loot trick but after I finish gearing up my whole team I never know where to go next...the game never tells you which of the 30 or so planets to go to, much less where to go on said planet. Never beat it with any character, but it's got a fun battle system.

6. TeKKy

TeKKy Wut OT Supporter

Saga series has been fucking HORRENDOUS. Always hated those games.

Wild Arms 1 was one of my favorite RPGs back in the day. The remake he is talking about I believe is Wild Arms: Alter Code F for PS2. I have it downloaded somewhere but never got a chance to play it.

The 255 item trick for Wild Arms is fun :hsugh: I remember having 255 of everything, just epic lol.

7. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

Wild Arms 1 was like, a seminal title of my childhood. I remember beating Ragu o Ragla when I was like 13 and just being so proud of myself. I played through it about a year ago and the ending still gets me. I cried a lil bit. :hs:

Wild Arms 2 is okay - it has an OK story, but the characters aren't even SORT OF identifiable as Rudy, Jack and Cecilia. I thought Lord Blazer was cool though. Wild Arms 2 has better music. The whole scanning for locations thing was gay, I thought.

The rest of the Wild Arms games are shiiiittttyyy though. I heard Wild Arms 5 was OK.

Not even close to Wild Arms 1 though.

Breaking though the Photosphere with Lolithia >>>>>>>> *

8. asdfbunk

asdfbunk A Member OT Supporter

wild arms one pissed me the fuck off, i played it when i was a kid and could not for the life of me figure out the de metallica puzzle :bowrofl:

when i finally finished the game though, :bowdown:

9. asdfbunk

wild arms 5? shit 2 and 3 were bad enough, they should have fucking given up

10. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

lol the Millennium Puzzle II in WA2 when I was like 15 took me FOREVER

and I was on vacation with no internet so I couldn't go online and look for a hint

11. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

nah 2 was solid, 3 was bad I agree

12. asdfbunk

2 was ok i guess, they got progressively worse though.

2 is bad compared to 1 though, 1 was awesome :hs:

13. Sr20magik

Sr20magik OT Supporter

Fack saga games are shit. I dont know why i dumped so much time into saga frontier 2. I loved Legend of dragoon! That game to me was awesome. Anyway i own Wild Arms 2, i thought it was ok. Dont remember much of it so yea its not so great. Im deff going to pick part one up since it seems like the best one.

14. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

Fuck i love that game

15. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I found the 255 item trick for WA1 :wiggle:

I was considering doing it to all the apples to really max out my characters but then it'd just be an easy-peasy trot through a flowery field. I did give Cecelia about 30 more str and everyone set to 100 vit though :hs: my chars are all lvl 20 or 22, maybe 21, I forget. I figured that'd be the last time I abuse that for stat gains though. I don't feel bad about making Jack's skills take 1mp each though :o That is so ftw.

16. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I pissed a lot of time away on SaGa Frontier 1. I don't ever remember a single time in that game I was headed in the right direction or even on the right planet, but it was fun collecting up characters and the battle system was fun. Just deciding when to quit was rough, it could be at any time because I never progressed the story line one bit :rofl:

Wait, I take that back. I think I might've gotten close to the end with the blue haired guy, probably used a faq/walkthrough for him but something tells me I got my ass kicked hard and I just gave up.

17. TeKKy

TeKKy Wut OT Supporter

:o

Wait til u get the special star accessory, I forget what it's called.

Fack, you make me want to go play this game now :o

18. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

SHERIFF STAR

19. blackrat

blackrat OT Supporter

I remember the game confusing the hell out of me when it had the "real" intro. I thought I was already a good portion done and it turned out it was just beginning.

20. TeKKy

TeKKy Wut OT Supporter

:rofl: I remember that shit. I played the game like an hour and was like

:wtf: did I just beat the game :o

21. a-money

a-money OT Supporter

at the time i felt just like you, but now that i think about it, no game has done something like that ever. it was a good way to start an rpg

22. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

I remember thinking that was fucking AWESOME, rolling the intro credits as King Adlehyde's funeral marches on

I totally thought I had the game like half way over too

[y]kkaFKPhHVJQ[/y]

I hate the narrator but it's the only vid I could find

23. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

:werd:

I don't know about ever though. FF1 and FFIV both had that prologue thing near the beginning, not quite the same thing but it's the best I could come up with without thinking about it too much :o

The newest tool I have is the wand thing, I keep forgetting I have it too :/ Don't tell me what the sheriff star does, I'll find out eventually :o

The longer this game is the better, but I feel like I may be over leveling my characters, been pretty easy so far. Boss battles are awesome they'd probably pose a challenge if I didn't spend so much time leveling.

24. lancer

lancer OT Supporter

I like all three that I played :dunno:

25. Japan Four

Japan Four Guest

wild arms! :bowdown: one of the best games!

Wild Arms Alter Code: F is a remake of the original playstation game, i reccomend checking it out!