Wifi problems on my iMac?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by iridium130, Dec 25, 2006.

1. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

Whats up fellas, I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out :hs:

Up until a couple of days ago, but internet (AT&T DSL) has been flawless on my iMac. However, it has on and off been filthy slow on my iMac. It takes 10 seconds to load Craigslist (normally a 1 second load), OT, Myspace, ESPN, (everything) takes 30-40 seconds to load. Every once in a while the internet speed will kick back up to where it SHOULD be. The connection also seems to be unstable, as I keep dropping my connection.

I was thinking it was just an issue with the ISP or my router, but on my PC that is about a foot away from my mac, the connection has been rock solid and fast. The only other app I have that is using the internet is Adium. The router I'm using is the Linksys WRT54G.

Any suggestions? :hsd::sadwavey:

2. CarRamRod

CarRamRod The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries.

Ran software update recently? I think there was a Wifi fix for something, but it might have been MacBook related.

You can also try removing the connection to the Wifi (Sys Prefs, Network, AirPort, click the minus when you have the connection highlighted.) and re-adding it.

3. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

no RJ45 is connected...strictly running wifi.

I don't think I"ve ran a software update recently...I'm checking right now to see if there's anything available though.

Just to compare...
    [​IMG]
    Speed on my iMac

[​IMG]
    Speed on my PC

4. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

mein gott, this is so excruciatingly slow and annoying...I opened up my DNS ports (www.opendns.com) and it didnt help :mad:

5. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

[​IMG]
    Jeebus, now the speeds are back up for no damn reason. and in a few minutes they'll drop right back down. :rl: