Wife just left...now what?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Uno, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Uno

Uno New Member

So my wife just told me that she isn't happy in the marriage and wants a divorce. We have been together over 6 years now and this has totally thrown me for a loop. She says she still loves me and cares about me but is not IN love with me anymore. I asked her when these feeling started and she told me it has just been a few months. We don't really fight at all either. This was really a big shock for me. I'm sure that she isn't seeing anyone else either. She is only 25 and has always lead a sheltered life. She told me that marriage just isn't for her right now and she wants to live her life. I really think that since she never really experienced the college life that this is that time now but at the same time it really sucks for me!

Any thoughts on how to deal with this bombshell??

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

You guys got married at 19?

Definitely agree...she is probably wanting to live the life she never gt to at 19

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sorry to hear that. This is why marrying young is usually a terrible idea. :hug: for you though. Any kids?

4. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

well that means she wants to sleep with someone else.

which if you break up thats the first thing she will do (if she hasnt / isnt already.)

most likely though she will crawl back to you after about a month unless she finds a new BF right away; sucks for you man

5. Uno

Uno New Member

No we got married only a little over a year ago. I waited 5 years to make sure it was right....I guess I was wrong!

6. Uno

Uno New Member

No kids either...thank god...but we did just buy a 4 bedroom house in July...I paid for it so I'm keeping it

7. fray

fray New Member

a few months it's been bugging her and she's decided that it's over? that's short enough that she should want to work on it, or it's been longer that things have been bugging her and she decided a few months ago it was over.

Sucks man.

8. Uno

Uno New Member

She says that she was happy when we bought the house in July....I don't get it...It hasn't been that long that she hasn't been happy but she also doesn't want to try to work anything out either.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

Thank god. Again, I'm sorry to hear it, it is very common but it still sucks. What are the plans now? Obviously you are keeping the house which is nice, but have you talked about WTF she is going to do? Move out when/where?

Try not to worry about if this has anything to do with her meeting someone else. Chances are she hasn't but she just realized panicked and realized she hasn't been with many other people. Everyone does this, men and women both so it's not just you.

10. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

is there any way you can convince her to go to counseling? or that you will support her if she does decide to go to college? really, it sounds like she's giving up too easily, like a lot of people when they get married young. but if she's already made up her mind, i guess there's nothing you can do. Maybe you should look on the bright side about living your own life for the first time as well?

:hug:

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

More proof that, like IWYWB (I think) said, chicks' "emotions change with the wind." Which is further evidence of why prenups are a good idea. Chicks cannot ever make up their mind about anything.

Keep in mind that she'll probably change her mind back and want to be with you again a bit after the divorce. Stay away, dude. Chicks get one chance and then you're gone.

edit - my apologies if this post sounded misogynistic. I didn't mean for it to sound that way.

12. Uno

Uno New Member

I'm sure she isn't with anyone else. She tells me she doesn't want to go find anyone else either...she just wants this time to do her own thing. She moved out last week and has been living at her parents again (they only live about a mile away.) I plan on staying in the house and moving on hopefully. It really sucks though cause it is a HUGE house and it's just me and the cat now.

13. Uno

Uno New Member

I love the house and really don't want to sell it. I can afford it and I already have quite a nice nest egg. I have thought about having one or two of my friends move in with me but the more I think about it the less I like the idea. I'd rather find another girl to share it with!

14. iwishyouwerebeer

Yep, I say that because it is so true. She could have felt happy and moreso excited when you guys got a house, but then the appeal and initial excitement wore off and she realized how she really felt. It's the same thing when couples sometimes think a baby will light a spark under their failing marriage and once the kid is born and life settles the same problems arise...

15. Uno

Uno New Member

Oh this has definetely shattered my life and this last week or 2 has been terrible...but what can I really do? I can't change her mind. There is no sense fighting her about it. I still love her very much but at the same time I don't want her to stay and be unhappy.

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I'm glad that a woman (you) agrees with me on this.

And this is why I will have a prenup. So if the woman changes her mind, I do not get fucked over.

17. iwishyouwerebeer

Well props to you for seeing the bigger picture and being strong about this. I have no doubt you are torn up inside, but it says something about you that you aren't cursing her and becoming insanely bitter and hurtful.

18. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

:werd:

She already knows what dick she's going to go after.

19. DLS

DLS New Member

If she blind sided you like that she's already found a new dick,maybe no sex yet but she has a new "Friend" already. You'll get over it as soon as you have sex with one of her friends.

20. Marmot

Marmot Guest

I was going to type something up along the lines of "your marraige isn't over, it is a communication issue, etc" but she clearly has someone she is fucking or wants to fuck.

Sorry to hear it. At least you are young enough to get on with life and find someone a bit more stable.

21. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

It has to be hard on you and it's good that you're taking it so well. My aunt married young (at 19) and she hsa gone through 2 divorces and plenty dick. :squint: I would tell you to persuade her to go to counseling, but as it seems she's even moved out already. And I agree that you probably can't change her mind. I wish you the best of luck, it's time to get out there and start dating. Have fun, you're still young!

22. iwishyouwerebeer

they're*

And I said "usually" :rolleyes: I'm not saying people who got married at an older age don't divorce, that's preposterous. But the divorce rate for married youngins is terribly high. It's pretty obvious why.

23. Torch

Torch Platinum Plus Member

Sorry to hear that, divorce is not fun. It is one of the toughest things I have ever been through. I dated for two years, engaged for one, maried for six and one day she shows up with the divorce papers and tells me almost the same thing your wife told you. I would strongly suggest that the two of you consider counseling. Marriage is not easy and it takes work, that is why so many couples grow apart, IMO.

Also, my wife went straight from her parents house to my apartment after marriage. I wish she could have spent sometime on her own and independent. She did not have a life outside of the relationship, she stopped talking to one of her good friends just after we got married and indicated to me that she did not have time for that anymore. I think that was a huge mistake on her part to not have much of a life outside our marriage.

Anyway, I hope things work out well for you. Again I strongly suggest that the two of you see a marriage counselor.