GUN Wife Charged After Husband Shoots Lover

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Mar 30, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wife Charged After Husband Shoots Lover
    Friday, March 30, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
    FORT WORTH, Texas — An indictment has been issued in a fatal shooting that allegedly stemmed from a romantic tryst _ not against the angry husband who fired the gun, but against his wife, who prosecutors say falsely claimed she was being raped.

Tracy Roberson was indicted on a manslaughter count Thursday in the death of Devin LaSalle. Legal experts said the argument for charging her and not her husband was unusual, but seemed reasonable.

"It certainly is different," George E. Dix, a law professor at the University of Texas at Austin, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "But the theory sounds perfectly acceptable to me."

Police said Roberson invited LaSalle to her suburban Arlington house in December with a text message that read, "Hi friend, come see me please! I need to feel your warm embrace!"

Roberson's husband, Darrell, arrived home from a card game to find his wife _ clad in only a robe and underwear _ with LaSalle outside in a pickup truck, prosecutors allege.

Authorities say that after Tracy Roberson told her husband she was being raped, Darrell Roberson fired four shots at LaSalle as he tried to drive away. One struck him in the head.

A Tarrant County grand jury declined Wednesday to indict Darrell Roberson, 38, on a murder charge.

Tracy Roberson, 35, faces two to 20 years in prison if convicted.

--

Suprised the husband didn't get charged, I'm glad though. The whore should get more then just manslaughter charges though.

2. Gimik

Gimik New Member

wow. glad the husband isn't getting charged at least. Think the wife should get more. Murder 2 maybe?

3. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

wow... from my understanding the guy was just sitting in his pickup when the husband roles in and the cunt says she was raped, then the husband shoots guy in pickup truck?

doesn't sound like rape, more like murder one or two.

4. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Bitch's punishment should fit the crime. She should be raped by wesley pipes and of course tony Eveready.
    She gonna get DP'd any goddamn way

5. Shiva Chaos

Shiva Chaos i see boobies!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I'm betting that murder two would be on shaky ground, murder 1 requires premediation, murder two require no previous thought, but does require the intent to kill, manslaughter basicaly means killing them was not your intent, but by being an idiot it happened anyways.

From the sound of it they have a pretty much air tight manslaughter case, wife said "no I wasn't having an affair I was raped." as a direct result of that husband shoots said "rapist." The defense has nothing when it comes to a mansluaghter defense, she was dumb he died, but murder two well she didn't want him dead and that wasn't her goal she want out of a divorce for having an affair, besides she obviously like the guy she had been sleeping with him and sending him flirty seductive text messages, or so the defense will say.

If the whole "you can't be charged for the same crime two times" applies if the charges are mansalughter vs murder 2, but if they do the DA probably want to get her on something rather than letting her walk.

Cliffs: Murder two comes down to def: "she liked the guy as shown by her behavior" vs Pros: "when caught be her husband she was livid at the guy who had been involved and his lack or morals and wanted him dead"

7. Crossett

Crossett New Member

:rofl:

fucking women

8. Gimik

Gimik New Member

yeah, I guess murder isn't really the case, but it still seems like more than manslaughter. I think it's more than just negligance that she displayed here - she didn't care at all what would happen to the guy. I can't really think of an analogy to illustrate my thoughts though :hs:

9. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Oh I understand, I think she should get more charges or at the very least a harder and longer sentence than someone who is charged with manslaughter for a legitimate accident. I really can't think of any additional charges to add, unless she lied to the officer who responded to the call ect. If I was the DA I would throw every possible charge at her I knew I had a chance of convicting in addition to the man slaughter, giving false statements that kind thing and I would have a very hard time choosing between manslaughter, which I knew I could convict and Murder 2 which she deserves but would stand a good chance of her walking

10. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

What a sticky situation.

From a legal standpoint, the husband should be charged with 2nd degree murder. He obviously intended to hurt the guy if he brought a gun out and shot four times at the alleged rapist. I might add, that blasting a guy in the head while driving away is a pretty damn good shot. :big grin: In addition, possibly slam the manslaughter charge on the wife as she probably didn't realize her husband would kill her "rapist".

Now, if the husband walked in while she was being "raped" and she called rape it would be self defense as the husband would consider him a threat, intruder, rapist, whatever. Also, most states will allow you to kill someone who is causing harm or committing a felony in your own home.

The husband should have called the cops and let them deal with the situation. But, what would the majority of angry men do if they just throught their wife was raped? Crimes based on emotion and passion suck. :(

11. Gimik

Gimik New Member

He was driving off with her in the vehicle after she told him he was trying to rape her. I would have done the same thing probably.

12. Small Block LSX

What am I missing here? I wasn't under the impression that the woman was in his truck.

So, he came home, his wife was insude and the dude was outside in the pickup truck.

So, if the guy is outside in his pickup truck how could she be "getting" raped at the same time? Does he have a dick that big. :mamoru: It also said as, "he tried to drive away", which to me, suggests that the wife wasn't in the car.

Maybe I missed something...

13. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

As far as the husband goes that question brings into effect texas deadly force laws, which I don't know and don't care to speculate on.

though the article does state

a quick wikipedia states for grand jury

so a bunch of people from the jury pool, didn't just say he is not guilty, but that there is no reason to have a trial in the first place.

14. Gimik

Gimik New Member

in another article on this that was posted in a different thread, she was in the truck as he was driving off. Makes more sense.

15. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

well that article only says

first of all I hate this allege crap. Getting past that it is a problem of wording, if the with is meant to link to different situations then he came home and found his wife in the house partially dressed WITH a strange man sitting in a truck outside. But honestly if you were sleeping with another man's wife why would to wait around for him to talk to her and shoot you? Then again the with could mean he found her half naked WITH another man in his truck.

and since the article states

in this I tend to focus on the being raped and not was raped, being implies present sense and not that the act had already been completed.

16. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

if you come across that article again, post it here all this talk about the details and how poor this article seems makes me interested to read another source.

17. Small Block LSX

Oh, well if my wife was in a robe and claimed she was being raped and abducted, you're fucking right that I'd come out blasting away. I don't care whether it is murder or not. I wouldn't let shit like that happen to my baby. :(

18. Small Block LSX

:werd:

19. Gimik

Gimik New Member

lemme see if I can find it again...

20. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

you gotta feel bad for the husband here, I mean sure he did what all men who are cheated on say they wish to do, but still the man was innocent all he did was sleep with a willing women who was breaking her own commitments (and if he knew she was married or not hasn't been established.)

He has got to feel like absolute shit over this whole thing and I'm sure he'll be called out to testify at his wife's trial, its going to emotionally screw this guy over for a long ass time. I mean people's world fall apart over an affair, depression anger alcoholism and even in justified shooting people often get emotionally screwed up after just having killed another human being and then to be told they were innocent?

The good news is she ain't getting half of everything and alimony.

21. Gimik

Gimik New Member

This is the thread it came from, but he doesn't post the reference to the 2nd quote.
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3125392

22. Gimik

Gimik New Member

and if you re-read the first article, it is possible that she was in the truck and it is just poorly written:

bold part could mean she was outside WITH him.

23. Small Block LSX

True.

I guess it was poorly written and could be interpreted both ways. Based on the article you posted, I would have fucking just beat the shit out of the dude...