wierless problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Stang Killer, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Stang Killer

Stang Killer New Member

I just got a new laptop and im using wierless internet now. At school I have no problem getting right on the internet with no problems, at my friends house I get right on with o problem. At my house, its a completly different story. At my house I have to keep clicking "repair" to keep connected. When I look at my connections it always says its connected, but sometimes I can be looking at the internet for a bout 5 mins, click a link, and come to find out its saying im not connected, even though im still getting a strong signal from my wierless router. Its driving me up the wall that I can use the internet with no problem everywhere but my own house. TIA.

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Do you use WEP at home?

Have you tried to delete the wireless network connection, reboot, and then set it up again?

3. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

What type of router?

Linksys routers have a firmware update on http://www.linksys.com.

If not Linksys then check the manufacturer site for updates. What version of Windows? Do you have service pack 2? What software do you use to connect to the network? (I would assume the Windows software due to "repair" button). Do not run the Windows wireless config AND the wireless card config at the same time -- they will conflict.

More info...gogogogogo.